The Tale of the City (IN DEVELOPMENT)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Suzumiyaandy
Regular

The Tale of the City (IN DEVELOPMENT)

#1 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

A story of people, friendship, dreams, love, and the city that brought them all together.
Plot:
A good friend. A curious teacher. A timid Librarian.. These are some of the people who are in Yoichi Nakados life. Each day he sees them, but it doesn't occur to him that they have changed his life, each way being different. Will Yoichi realize what is going on before his very eyes?

Characters:
YOICHI NAKADO:
Blood Type: B

YOSHIKO MURATO:
A well kept, sky woman who is a Librarian at Tomimoto Library. She is very involved with her job, sometimes so involved she doesn't go home for periods of time. Loves to drink.
Blood Type: A

MELISSA PRIMAS
A foreign exchange student from North America. She is stubborn and impatient, but can be very sensitive. She works at Hapi Sushi. Friends with Mitsuko.
Blood type: B

KANA KOBAYASHI
A History teacher at Namayami High. She is easy-going and is friends with her students, and loves to learn new things about the world.
Blood Type: AB

Script in progress
Character art by Tsundere Lightning

Needing:
Background artist
BGM composer
Sound FX
Coding help
Last edited by Suzumiyaandy on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 am, edited 19 times in total.

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

Re: ~とかい しょうせつ~ Tokai Shousetsu (looking for artist)

#2 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

Actually, I forgot to mention something.
I'm also planning on making this a voiced visual novel, so if anyone's interested, please pm me or comment here.

EDIT:
And someone to help with the opening movie ^_^''

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#3 Post by Sakurazaki »

well if you need a female voice over just let me know. I've done some lines for Dream Chasers and a few fandubs.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

Well, unless it was done for intentional effect, I don't think the art is any less of a train wreck than your previous project. Even something as minor as downloading Paint.NET(a free program) and having anti-alias on the line art would lead to a drastic increase in art quality.

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

#5 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

Samu-kun wrote:Well, unless it was done for intentional effect, I don't think the art is any less of a train wreck than your previous project. Even something as minor as downloading Paint.NET(a free program) and having anti-alias on the line art would lead to a drastic increase in art quality.
Well, I tried gimp before, and that didn't work out as well as I thought, so I'm currently doing my characters in mspain, but I'll see if the paint.net will work out..
Thanks for the advice...

V2Blast
Regular

Re: (LOOKING FOR ARTIST) ~とかい しょうせつ~ Tokai Shousetsu

#6 Post by V2Blast »

I'd have to agree with Samu-kun about the art. Having bad art really detracts from the appeal of a game. Good luck! :)
Pie is delicious.

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

#7 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

V2Blast wrote:I'd have to agree with Samu-kun about the art. Having bad art really detracts from the appeal of a game. Good luck! :)
Is it really that bad? :?

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#8 Post by Sakurazaki »

No it's not bad, but there are things that you can do to make it look nicer that's all. I can see the point about the anti-aliasing though.

Mmm let me put it this way. Right now your art isn't bad at all, but if you try to put anti-aliasing on your artwork it'd enhance it. >.>' Hard for me to explain.
Having bad art really detracts from the appeal of a game. Good luck!
That comment can be interpreted several different ways....I wouldn't pay much mind to it imo. It's either a warning or telling you flat out that your art is bad. I think it's just a warning however so don't take it to heart.

If your art had smoother lines (like being drawn in a program other than paint) it'd look nicer. Like stated before, paint.net is a great program, along with gimp. It doesn't make your lines look choppy. Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting or something. Hehe.

Although just wondering are you drawing with mouse or tablet? I understand it is very hard to draw with a mouse.

If you still want to get an artist though that's fine.

V2Blast
Regular

#9 Post by V2Blast »

It is indeed just a warning. I haven't actually seen any art by you besides those two pictures; I'm just saying that I've played other games with terrible art, and it's really a problem if your readers/viewers are suffering through the art despite there being a good story. 8)
Pie is delicious.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#10 Post by dstarsboy »

Suzumiyaandy wrote:
V2Blast wrote:I'd have to agree with Samu-kun about the art. Having bad art really detracts from the appeal of a game. Good luck! :)
Is it really that bad? :?
It's not bad. I like it, but you need to stick to the same style. You can't have two very different drawing styles create two different characters. if you have black lines in one, make sure you have the same in the other. If you draw hair and eyes, etc, a certain way, make sure you keep that same "style" in your other sprites. If you do that, then you'll be fine.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

#11 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

I think I decided that I'm just going to hire someone to do my art...
My art just doesn't look as good as I hoped it would, and the style keeps varying.
So, if you're interested in working on a project contact me...

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#12 Post by Sakurazaki »

About how many Cgs are you looking for? Will they have diff expressions?

What I mean is how many characters would the artist have to do? Just those 5?

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

#13 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

Sakurazaki wrote:About how many Cgs are you looking for? Will they have diff expressions?

What I mean is how many characters would the artist have to do? Just those 5?
Actually, the main character won't have a character cg, only the girls, so only 4.
And they would have around 5 facial expressions (Happy, Upset, blushing, confused and angry) different facial expressions, and 2 alternate outfits (Yukata and casual clothing)

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#14 Post by Sakurazaki »

That's actually not too bad. >.>'

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

#15 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

Sakurazaki wrote:That's actually not too bad. >.>'
Oh, yeah, and I would also need a
beat up version of Yoshiko (She gets in a car crash on her route)