WINTERSANDS [Fantasy][Adventure][Drama][Female Protagonist]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
trickster-kaja
Projects: WINTERSANDS
itch: trickster-kaja

WINTERSANDS [Fantasy][Adventure][Drama][Female Protagonist]

#1 Post by trickster-kaja »

There’s another world, with all your classic magic shenanigans. You got there as a teen, because you’re that lucky. You can’t go back home. It becomes your home.

Next thing you know you’re a powerful master of one of the elements – fire. Yes, still that lucky. You’re the protector of this world.
Congratulations?

You didn’t choose it.
You’re sick of not choosing.
Well, time to do that, then?
WINTERSANDS is a visual novel following the antics of Agatha, the Keeper of Fire, who awakens to the toughest choices of her life that will define who she really is and – can be, in the magic City of Aestelin. Is being a Keeper a good thing or a bad one? What does being a Keeper mean? What if, really, a Keeper is not all she wants to be? Figure this out while trying to save your world from your once best friend and ex-crush, and remember, you don’t have to do this alone!

WINTERSANDS features:
  • All things original: story, style, art, and score
  • Loads of endings depending on who you are and what you think of others: it’s you who gets to choose where your life turns
  • Magic shenanigans, must-see castles, grumpy elves, and everything nice, with a contemporary air
  • Agatha as a calculating strategist, a considerate peacemaker, a hot-headed fighter – take your pick, or try being some of each to find your temper
  • Four love interests, including the vital but oft forgotten love for yourself
  • Badassery and empowerment: a fair share of distress, but no damsel!

Last edited by trickster-kaja on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

trickster-kaja

Re: WINTERSANDS [Fantasy][Adventure][Drama][Female Protagonist]

#2 Post by trickster-kaja »

We are WHA'EVER STUDIOS building our first visual novel WINTERSANDS.

The DEMO is almost ready and we're planning to release it in 2 weeks (or even less).

If you are interested in what we are doing please support us by subscribing to the game pages on social networks, spread the word and most importantly play the demo when it's out and tell us what you think.
Last edited by trickster-kaja on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macros

#3 Post by Macros »

Well, that's intriguing. I'll certainly give that demo a try when it's out.
"So many things to do, so little time."

trickster-kaja

#4 Post by trickster-kaja »

Macros wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:33 pm Well, that's intriguing. I'll certainly give that demo a try when it's out.
Thanks a lot for the interest)
Meanwhile DEMO is served.
Download from Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Agatha's hair looks like mine ^_^ I don't see a lot of short-haired female protagonists in VNs so that's pretty cool.

I don't usually have the time to devote to demos, but this game looks really promising. I'll be following it for sure ^_^ good luck!

4nh

#6 Post by 4nh »

This looks super interesting! ^O^ I love the fantasy theme. And honestly, you guys got me at the logo of WINTERSANDS, there. I love the typography and gradient. ~^^~

Also the protagonist looks like she has a lot of character! Like Zelan said, I think it's a nice turn, but it's not just the hair, it's that she seems to have her own agency, I love playing a game with well-defined protagonists than someone average or a stand-in that you're somehow supposed to think they are you, you know. ^^''

I'll download and play the demo sometimes today or tomorrow!