Background Artist Needed!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
evafreed13

Background Artist Needed!

#1 Post by evafreed13 »

Hi everyone! My name is Hikaru and I'm starting a dating sim called Fast Lane with Ren'py. I need a background artist! I already have a character artist. Just so you know, I'll be needing around 10 different backgrounds in either digital media (ie tablet) or a scanned and cleaned up sketch is fine. If you'd like to join the Rainbow team, post here with a sample of your work! By the way, the game is a boy's love game. If that offends you, please do not join.

We don't have any strict deadlines, we are just making the game for both fun and experience. Thank you!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Background Artist Needed!

#2 Post by Aleema »

Tell us more about Fast Lane! Maybe that will intrigue some artists. :)

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

Re: Background Artist Needed!

#3 Post by x__sinister »

Also, show examples of the character art, even if it's just a sketch.
You're trying to intrigue someone who's going to be doing you a huge-ass favor, okay. Backgrounds are big, and very complicated, so don't just say, "Yoo-Hoo. Gimme backgrounds." They want to know whether or not this project is worthwhile. So, you need the following things AT THE VERY LEAST.

1) Dedication. If you don't seem like you're dedicated, then the project might not get finished, then their effort will go to waste.
2) Story. If you don't have a good story... well, that's self-explanitory.
3) Sprites. If the second-most important thing in your VN is pixelated 3 year old scribbles from MS Paint, no one would want to help that. No one CAN help that. Unless, of course, you're looking for some more pixelated scribbles.
A literate roleplaying community.