Devil Gene R

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
~Julia~
Regular

Devil Gene R

#1 Post by ~Julia~ »

Hello there everyone, today I'm here to promote/recruit my recently started visual novel project! For the most part you can find out everything about it on the project's "beta" website (it's too pathetic to call anything else >.<) here:
Devil Gene R beta-site

Here's a simple run down of what you'll find there:

Title: Devil Gene R
Genre: Action, Thriller, Shoujo-ai Visual Novel
Summary: In the year 2034 humanity is finally starting to recover from the scars of a long war, but this peace is fragile as a new threat has arrived. A race known as the Gene Children have declared war on the world and aims to rise up as the dominate spiecies, but the true horror lies in the fact they are lead by Kyosuke Blackheart, a man who is regarded as a hero for ending the last war. Many people converge to Silent City, Kyosuke's last known position, in order to end this conflict before it escilates; this includes Raven Blackheart, Kyosuke's estranged daughter...

I am currently in desperate need of artist (to do some monster designs, and CG) and musicians (because music would greatly increase the experience!)

Thank you for your time! Any comments would be appreciated!
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

littleramyun
Regular
Projects: Don't Go Saiyuri!

Re: Devil Gene R

#2 Post by littleramyun »

This looks great! I like that so much has been thought out and planned out in the concept. Everything is interesting to me!
Indie Game Localization and Distribution

happysnowXD
Regular

#3 Post by happysnowXD »

This is amazing...
I'm soo happy recently I have seen many great ideas for games and I wanna play all of them and this so caught my attention because of the cool sounding title :wink:

Verity
Regular
Projects: Wanderer

#4 Post by Verity »

The character designs on the website look really great, and the story sounds interesting. I'll be looking forward to this one for sure—it sounds like it'll be a cool game.

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#5 Post by Freelancer »

Hmm This sounds interesting. when it comes out I'll download it.
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

~Julia~
Regular

#6 Post by ~Julia~ »

Hey there guys, I'm just here to post a small (but oh so important) position that's open.

We are currently looking for a "Colorist", in order to help speed up the production of the images I figure it will be far mor productive if we let the main artist focus on creating the line art for the images and having someone else color them while the lead artist go back to making new pictures! So if you can color (don't care what techniques/methods you use, so long as you can turn BW into RGB!) please speak up and help us get our project one step closer to completion!
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

delta
Epitome of Generic
Projects: yes

#7 Post by delta »

Art looks nice enough, but the character descriptions made my Marysueometer™ explode. I have seen parodies less blatant than this.
The rest is left as an exercise for the reader.

Kittylove
Regular

#8 Post by Kittylove »

Is this going to be like a RPG? What other features are you planning to have in your game? I love the character design by the way.Raven's my favorites, she looks the coolest. Your character Mao Blackheart looks a little more like a boy than a girl though. Uh, I mean no harm about the Mao comment though, it just something I observed. Is there a special reason why there are more girl characters than boys or is the character list still incomplete?

~Julia~
Regular

#9 Post by ~Julia~ »

delta wrote:Art looks nice enough, but the character descriptions made my Marysueometer™ explode. I have seen parodies less blatant than this.
Um...thank you ^^; I'm sorry you feel that way about the descriptions, I honestly wasn't trying to parody anything, I'm just
not good at generalization, I'll try and work on that and make them seem more unique.
Kittylove wrote:Is this going to be like a RPG? What other features are you planning to have in your game? I love the character design by the way.Raven's my favorites, she looks the coolest. Your character Gao Blackheart looks a little more like a boy than a girl though. Uh, I mean no harm about the Gao comment though, it just something I observed. Is there a special reason why there are more girl characters than boys or is the character list still incomplete?
At the moment we're just turning it into a visual novel, however we would like to expand it (the original plan was to make a 2D fighter or Megaman like game, lol) so please support us so we can one day realize these dreams! Lol, I'm glad everyone likes the designs and I'm esspecially glad you like Raven, and as far as Gao is concerned she's suppose to look more bishounen rather than girly so no offense taken ^^ The character list is practically all shown on the site (only 4 major characters and like 2 minor characters aren't shown at the moment) but the reason there are more females than male will be revealed soon n.n

Thank you everyone for your continued interest!
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#10 Post by Aleema »

Can I try coloring a sprite or two? I'm probably not any good, but I like the hobby and you can see if you even remotely like it. :P

~Julia~
Regular

#11 Post by ~Julia~ »

Aleema wrote:Can I try coloring a sprite or two? I'm probably not any good, but I like the hobby and you can see if you even remotely like it. :P
Hehe I don't mind, saddly I don't have anything for you to mess around with except the concept art like on the website, we're just now getting into making the character sprites so it may take a while. Though now I'm eager to see what you can do n.n
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#12 Post by Midnighticequeen »

How far along is the script for Devil Gene R? Is it nearly complete?
Last edited by Midnighticequeen on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

~Julia~
Regular

#13 Post by ~Julia~ »

Midnighticequeen wrote:How far along is the script for Devil Gene R? Is it nearly complete?
Saddly no...

The story has been completed along with the multiple endings but scripting has just begun, I hope to have it finished before Oct. end and hopefully by that time we'll have enough resources to start building it aswell.
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]

Rakuda

#14 Post by Rakuda »

I'll do the music! I've been looking for something like this to do for ages.

I've also sent you an email to the address on your site.

~Julia~
Regular

#15 Post by ~Julia~ »

Rakuda wrote:I'll do the music! I've been looking for something like this to do for ages.

I've also sent you an email to the address on your site.
<3 this guy! * 3*

His totally the composer for my project! Thank you so much for your participation!
[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]