Clannad on iOS! Possible?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
UVueMMocc

Clannad on iOS! Possible?

#1 Post by UVueMMocc » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 pm

Hello guys!
This post will be very particular. I apologize for my poor level of English and above all I apologize because I will talk about things with which I admit that I am not entirely competent.

I make a brief introduction. I recently played "Doki Doki Literature Club", a PC-only game, Visual Novel type. Only after a while I discovered the existence of this same game for iOS devices, created with Ren Py!
Later I came across the Visual Novel "Clannad" (beautiful). Unfortunately, however, for work and study reasons, I find myself at home for a very short time and I cannot take the computer with me. Clannad is a VN always only for PC.

I was wondering if it was possible to have Clannad on my iPhone: after a brief search, I discovered that there was a method for Jailbroken devices but, unfortunately, now it no longer works.
So my question, in my complete ignorance, is: is it possible to create a version of Clannad for iOS devices? If it was done with DDLC with Ren Py, is it not possible to do it with Clannad too?

Thanks for your attention.

rayminator
Veteran
Projects: Redoing games to fix spelling mistakes other companys that don't care

Re: Clannad on iOS! Possible?

#2 Post by rayminator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:08 pm

you have to ask the developer that question no one here can answer that this forum to get help on renpy only not for a game that's been made with a different engine I have clannad it not been made with renpy
when I try to help someone I point them into 2 direction what's right and wrong so they can learn how to

Andredron
Veteran

#3 Post by Andredron » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:27 pm

UVueMMocc wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:07 pm
Hello guys!
This post will be very particular. I apologize for my poor level of English and above all I apologize because I will talk about things with which I admit that I am not entirely competent.

I make a brief introduction. I recently played "Doki Doki Literature Club", a PC-only game, Visual Novel type. Only after a while I discovered the existence of this same game for iOS devices, created with Ren Py!
Later I came across the Visual Novel "Clannad" (beautiful). Unfortunately, however, for work and study reasons, I find myself at home for a very short time and I cannot take the computer with me. Clannad is a VN always only for PC.

I was wondering if it was possible to have Clannad on my iPhone: after a brief search, I discovered that there was a method for Jailbroken devices but, unfortunately, now it no longer works.
So my question, in my complete ignorance, is: is it possible to create a version of Clannad for iOS devices? If it was done with DDLC with Ren Py, is it not possible to do it with Clannad too?

Thanks for your attention.
I will say right away, a rotten idea.

At first. Collect story from one engine to another. This is a very dreary business without benefits. Especially such a long story.

A maximum of 5 people will say thank you and nothing in return for the effort spent. Work should be profitable and enjoyable.

Secondly, this is called piracy. If you plan to seriously engage in development later, it is best to never do this, at least in the open air. After that, no one will want to contact you - the reputation will be damaged. They will think this way: what if he puts my game in the same way. Haha, you need to hire another.

Well, there is any toy to translate into your native language that has existed in Japanese for about 20 years. But only not 50+ hours. It's hell, tin
I know, I'm writing terribly in English.

I'm writing a Renpy textbook (in Russian). https://yadi.sk/d/ZX_DonP63USRru Update 22.06.18

Honest Critique

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gas » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Ah, people that play DDLC and immediately talk about piracy things... What a news...

Ok, now for your sake of knowledge.
Renpy can natively create a game, and then export it for different platforms.
DokiDoki wasn't ported to iOS after releasing for another platform, it was released for that platform since the start, being a game originally created with Renpy.

If you want to make a Clannad Renpy clone, you should recreate it from scratch (it was done for some old free game, like ProLesRing) using Renpy, and then export it to iOS. So, in fact, that thing is doable (with 90% accuracy, you should simulate things), but longer than you can figure out.

But...

Being Clannad a copyrighted game, you can't do it, or the company will strike you on a trial the very next moment, and got enough money to rob yours and your parents home.
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll be not notified about.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Imperf3kt » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:08 pm

Just to clear some confusion, DDLC was not made available on iOS by its creators. Nor Android.
All such versions are pirated and without the original owner's consent.

You can confirm this for yourself by going to DDLC.moe or itch.io and seeing that only Windiws, Linux and Mac are listed as compatible.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
https://teamsalvato.itch.io/ddlc

The game was not made available on mobile platforms due to technical restrictions limiting the game's 'features'
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Twitter
Imperf3kt Blackjack - a WIP blackjack game for Android made using Ren'Py
Free Android GUI - Updated occasionally

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#6 Post by PyTom » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:19 am

This thread is off-topic for LSF.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom