Nice to --- you! [Demo] [Free] [sci-fi, humor, puzzles, some mild cartoonish adult themes]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Matalla
Veteran
Completed: Max Power and the Egyptian Beetle Case, The Candidate, The Last Hope, El cajón del viejo escritorio, Clementina y la luna roja, Caught in Orbit, Dirty Business Ep 0, Medianoche de nuevo, The Lost Smile
itch: matalla-interactive

Nice to --- you! [Demo] [Free] [sci-fi, humor, puzzles, some mild cartoonish adult themes]

#1 Post by Matalla »

Demo available in itch.io
https://matalla-interactive.itch.io/nice-to-you

Nice to ... you! is a humorous game set in a lousy mid-20th century sci-fi B-movie. But this time, you're not the poor human being invaded, abducted or whatever. You're the alien. I mean, we humans are the aliens for NXTH, the protagonist of this thing.

Although it's still a visual novel, it has a high level of interactivity and some other game mechanics not usual in most VN's. You'll have to decode a human language to talk with Earthlings, chose what to do with them, learn how to perform certain task with your saucer and try to accomplish your mission, whatever it is.

You'll have the help of a sophisticated, if somewhat annoying, artificial intelligence to guide you through the various phases of the game.

Godspeed, and may Limjh be with you!

The demo is not very long, but the finished game won't be either. Probably almost a quarter of it it's included. It can be played in about 10 or 15 minutes, while the final game probably will be good for 45 minutes of playing or so. This is simply a demonstration of the main game mechanics.

In this demo there are 3 human characters to interact with and one puzzle where you need to get the correct lift-off sequence for the saucer. There will be more characters and minigames when finished.

Disclaimer: there's some cartoonish violence and alien sex (not sex as we understand it). Personally I think if somedoby gets aroused by watching something like an elephant trunk massaging the head of a cartoon character, should seek profesional help. But that's me and we live in a strange world. Be advised.

I'd like to get some feedback about the concept, the mechanics and also your opinion on how should this be rated (I think +18 would be too much, but clearly isn't for kids, either). Thanks in advance.

Update #1

- Added a video showing the main game mechanics:

See it below
Last edited by Matalla on Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español (Discord)
Honest Critique

Matalla
Veteran
Completed: Max Power and the Egyptian Beetle Case, The Candidate, The Last Hope, El cajón del viejo escritorio, Clementina y la luna roja, Caught in Orbit, Dirty Business Ep 0, Medianoche de nuevo, The Lost Smile
itch: matalla-interactive

Re: Nice to --- you! [Demo] [Free] [sci-fi, humor, puzzles, some mild cartoonish adult themes]

#2 Post by Matalla »

More scenes are coming. Now with some crazy bits of paint-art, reinforcing the sillyness of the whole thing.

I'd say development progress is at about 40%.

Also a video showing the main game mechanics:

Comunidad Ren'Py en español (Discord)
Honest Critique