Countdown to silence (Drama, Free, Short)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Plotline_Progenitor
Regular
Completed: Valerie's rest: Scripts and dreams, Countdown to Silence
Projects: Geas Institute, Adventuring enterprises

Countdown to silence (Drama, Free, Short)

#1 Post by Plotline_Progenitor »

Information:
This kinetic novel is nearly 12,000 words long, is fully voice acted, and music along with sound effects are also included. Playing on auto mode with default settings should take about 80 minutes to complete. Everything is 100% free of charge

Note: It is recommended that you set the in game music volume slider to half volume through the preferences menu while leaving voices at maximum

Potential content warnings: Coarse language, Mature themes

Characters:
Characters 2.png
Characters 1.png
Synopsis:
"After a scientific attempt to expand human sensory abilities, children started to be born with abilities to see information that shouldn't be possible.

Josh has one of the less impressive abilities, able to time it out exactly when someone speaks within close range of him or directly to him from further away.

But then the clock above his best friend disappears and they are hospitalized soon after. It's suspected that this was no accident...

Tensions begin to mount and the question slowly rises...

Are they sure they understood what their eyes told them correctly?"
Screenshot 5.png
Screenshot 1.png

FerventWriter
Regular
Tumblr: writingandmore

Re: Countdown to silence (Drama, Free, Short)

#2 Post by FerventWriter »

What an intense game! The voice acting was superb and it really got me invested in the story, which is pretty rare for me if it's Kinetic. The writing felt real and authentic as well, which definitely helped with that too. The powers that you've included are so unique and interesting-I'd love to see more of this world and the others within it-it's such a wonderful idea for a story.

The humor between the characters was great as well-a few parts actually got me to laugh out loud!
The reveal of Logan having a baby kitten was the best!!
I also really enjoyed how each and every character had their own large personality that was able to be expressed in such a short playtime. This was a super fun experience and I loved it!

Plotline_Progenitor
Regular
Completed: Valerie's rest: Scripts and dreams, Countdown to Silence
Projects: Geas Institute, Adventuring enterprises

Re: Countdown to silence (Drama, Free, Short)

#3 Post by Plotline_Progenitor »

FerventWriter wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:28 pm What an intense game! The voice acting was superb and it really got me invested in the story, which is pretty rare for me if it's Kinetic. The writing felt real and authentic as well, which definitely helped with that too. The powers that you've included are so unique and interesting-I'd love to see more of this world and the others within it-it's such a wonderful idea for a story.

The humor between the characters was great as well-a few parts actually got me to laugh out loud!
The reveal of Logan having a baby kitten was the best!!
I also really enjoyed how each and every character had their own large personality that was able to be expressed in such a short playtime. This was a super fun experience and I loved it!
Thank you so much for stopping in to comment about your positive experience with Countdown to silence. :)

I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed the voice acting as that was one of the more time consuming parts of the project and I spent a lot of time making sure it was up to a good standard.

If you liked it this much maybe you'd like to leave a rating on the itch.io page if you have an account? Or on the visual novel database if you have one there

Countdown to silence has actually had a fairly long journey to reach this point including previously attempted and failed attempts at a short film and a comic book before eventually settling as a kinetic novel. I'm glad after all this time it finally brought some happiness to someone :D

Your words of support mean a lot to me, especially since most of my creative work up to this point has gone largely ignored even by friends and family, so thank you heaps for taking the time to write this comment, it helps restore my confidence that what I'm doing is worthwhile :)