[ CLOSED ] 2D Digital Illustrator and Designer [ Paid Only! ]

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
LiamWinterdale
Regular
Completed: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! (NaNoRenO 2020, CG / Cover + Title Logo Artist)
Projects: H: Case 1 (WiP )

[ CLOSED ] 2D Digital Illustrator and Designer [ Paid Only! ]

#1 Post by LiamWinterdale » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Hey, there~ Welcome to my thread!
The name’s Liam Winterdale! ^^
I’m somewhat of a jack of all trades when it comes to 2D digital art, but for now, I’m mostly offering my services as a CG artist. But feel free to ask about other types of commissions. I’ll likely consider it. I might officially open my services for character design + sprite, concept art, promotional art, environments, GUI art, etc in the future as well.
EDIT;; Services for Cover Art and Logos now Officially Open! ^w^)/

I'm quite experienced in working for VN projects, mostly as a writer, character designer, sprite artist, and yes, CG artist. Sadly, I can't show you the work since they're quite old and don't match up with what I can offer now. No finished projects to point you to either since they either get cancelled or I quit due to poor work environment. Thanks to this bad luck of mine, I took a break from VN works and now after 3 years, I'm back to give it another chance! x'D
EDIT;; I can finally show you some new VN works, though~ You can see them as samples for Style Replica, Cover Art and Logo Design ^w^)b
EDIT2;; And a finished VN project you can play to check out the 5 CGs only available for viewing within the game! Get the link in the Finished Projects section down below~ enjoy >v<)/

Here’s my work status thus far~
Yes, I now only take one client work/project at a time to avoid overloading my brain, hehhe ;w;)b

❄️ Current Client Work ❄️
slot filled

Lessons and Magic + Life Simulator
Commercial Projects by thewritingperson1
:: Comedy / Drama / Action / Slight Horror + Modern Time Period ::
Working on Style Custom - Character Overview + Outfit Concepts
[ 1/1 Style Overview Done ]
[ 1-3/0-0 Outfit Concept Done ]
It's a comic and game project, woo! >w<)/

Finished Projects
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!
NaNoRenO 2020+ Project by Kokoro Hane / Tofu Sheets Visual
:: Action / Comedy / Romance ( GxB ) ::
Worked in Style Replica as CG + Cover + Logo Artist
[ 7/7 CGs Done ]
[ 1/1 Cover Art Done ]
[ 1/1 Title Logo Design Done ]
It's free-to-play! So do check it out to see the 5 CGs only available for viewing within the game! ^v^)/

Anyways~ yeah! Primarily a CG Artist!
I’m actually only 95% ready to get back into working for VNs since I haven’t established an art style that I’m truly proud of just yet (and it’s kinda my dream to be known as that one artist with that one unique art style.). But since I desperately need to get my hands on some money, okay scratch that, a LOT of money, I don’t really have much of a choice, haha. Trying to polish up the ultimate style for myself tho! So hopefully, I can display that soon ^w^)b

Anyways, instead~ I can show you the styles I’ve worked in and you can choose which one you’ll like me to use for your project! :D

Final prices will depend on the complexity of the piece. The starting prices are based on the simplest work I could do for it ^^

Style 1a
23223AEE-4CE3-4962-8781-E9B520362521.png
The style I like the most! Done in semi-realism anime-inspired style. Lighting-focused, but will be softened when the environment requires. Shading is done in one color to fit the mood and to achieve harmony throughout the entire piece. Will shade in respective colors upon request. A mix of soft and cell shade.

If anyone's worried the characters will have no visible sclera (the white part of the eye), worry not! This character is based on a cat, so it's simply his eye design. He's a "magical" cat tho, so I took artistic liberties xD
Price starts at $90 for Full-body, $65 for Half-body, $40 for Portrait.

Style 1b
EE5E32F7-47A9-4655-ADFE-44FD1126A91F.png
The style I got when trying to add more to Style 1a. Same as above! Except the hair receives more attention. Because who doesn't like more fabulous hair? Also, some parts will be painted than simple line and color (seen in the licked blood here). You can always specify these parts or leave it to my creativity ^^
Price starts at $100 for Full-body, $75 for Half-body, and $50 for Portrait.

Style Render
879C77AF-DD99-4C6A-AACD-9A91A96BA9C2.png
My semi-realism painting style! It can be quite a while to produce something polished, so it has the highest price ^^
Price starts at $150 for Full-body, $125 for Half-body, and $100 for Portrait.

Style Comic
DAD1656B-34D1-4E04-BA59-45C7D24D2884.png
My simpler semi-realism style. Made specifically with colored comics in mind. The lineart is colored. Not much visible lighting and the shading will be done in airbrush and cell-shade ^^
Price starts at $55 for Full-body, $35 for Half-body, $25 for Portrait.

Style Anime
907E9725-1EA9-45FA-A3B8-91393DE0CF48.png
My anime style! Done quickly as a sample for NaNoRenO 2020 application, so it’s quite rough at the moment.
I will update once I have a polished sample. The work I offer in this style will be as polished as possible, of course, lineart included.
Price starts at $50 for Full-body, $30 for Half-body, and $20 for Portrait.

Style Chibi
3560AD7E-3A1A-4AAE-9B6E-3A42004FC30B.png
I’m still experimenting with chibi styles, but this is what I have available for now~ ^w^)
Price Starts at $30 for Full-body, $15 for Half-body, and $10 for Portrait.

Check my socials for more illustrations!
Instagram: liamwinterdale.art
YouTube: Liam Winterdale

The styles I show you are the ones I’m most proud of right now, so they’re the ones I’ll be sticking to for the job.

Style Replica
I can also work in a style other than my own. I have an eye for detail and observation skill high enough to replicate styles as close as possible to the original. As long as it’s within my capacity, of course. Like a standard anime or disney style? Yeah, I can do that. Kim Jung Gi style? Yeah, no, haha. I wish. Or maybe I can if I study it enough, hmm... >v>

I won’t replicate bad anatomy, bad proportions, etc, though (unless it’s fully intentional for stylistic purposes). I might get into the bad habit of doing them and I can't have that x'D
Depending on the complexity of the style, starting prices for each piece may vary.

Also, note that you must provide me with proper character turnarounds or style guidelines if you'd like the best possible outcome, otherwise I'd have to fill in the blanks and risk the style looking quite off model. Hey, I'm just human uwu);

Art Style and Character Designs by Kainico and Noah's Character Design by Crescent Moon Arpeggio :: CG 1+2 Backgrounds by Uncle Mugen
NaNoRenO 2020 Project by Kokoro Hane :: Character Art, Cover Art, Logo and Locket Design by Yours Truly, Liam Winterdale
The Style Replica was Done with Minimal References and No Style Guidelines
3E2AD2A5-2BA0-4BBB-95D7-A99E981A24AF.png
111B4E9E-3FED-43B5-B9DB-951427ED1B3F.png
F6CA7887-EF43-43E5-8C4B-1B4D60C605E4.png

Style Custom
Commissioned by thewritingperson1
FBDA67F9-1AD2-4FE3-85F6-BB2A0D7B1FEF.png
speedpaint
We can make a brand new style specifically for the project as well. A unique idea should be represented by a unique style, no? ;D
Style creation price starts at [ price needing further consideration ].

Genres Interest
What am I most interested in working on? Romance! (Bonus points if it's NSFW lol) Haha, it can be dating sims, or just VNs with some romantic element, like Steins;Gate where you can date the girls in the branching routes. I have no trouble drawing LGBT+ pairings as well. Poly relationships are okay too. Both should be represented more, in my opinion. I say no to minor x adult tho, unless it's for an actually thoughtful commentary regarding the issue. I'm all about those stories with thought-provoking ideas, heart, and meaning, especially when they comment about real-life situations.

Other genres I'm interested in are mystery, psychological thriller, crime thriller, survival horror, sci-fi, and fantasy. But I'm open to practically anything, really. Whilst I do love what I do, a job is a job and I'm here to help realize your vision, not the other way around.

However, if your project exists solely for the sake of making money, don't even think about contacting me. I'm a perfectionist and dedicated to my craft, so only contact me if you want to make the best possible product with a heart and soul at the core.
My work quality will suffer if there's no mutual passion involved. If you're passionate about your project, high chances are, I will be too.
So please, check that you have that in abundance first before you contact me.

❄️ Other Things I Will Draw ❄️
[ proper samples will be placed once available ]
• Chibi / Emotes / Icons
• Character Design / Sprites
• Concept Art

• Cover / Promotional Art
Art Style and Annelise Character Design by Kainico whilst Noah is by Crescent Moon Arpeggio :: NaNoRenO 2020 Project by Kokoro Hane
Cover Art, Logo and Locket Design by Yours Truly, Liam Winterdale
F6CA7887-EF43-43E5-8C4B-1B4D60C605E4.png
Starting Price often depends on the Style used

• Manga / Comic Art
• GUI Art

• Logo Design
NaNoRenO 2020 Project by Kokoro Hane :: Title Logo Design done by Yours Truly, Liam Winterdale
280B4948-8030-4B27-B210-1D9A3FF364AB.png
Price Starts at $100 for Raster and $150 for Vector.
I have to admit that I'm still an amateur at it, so keep that in mind before you contact me. Thank you ^^)

• Environmental Backgrounds
• Slight to Explicit Gore
• Simple to Complex Mecha
• Surrealism and Semirealism
728B834E-ACA5-4BC5-A275-29B49E7DF406.png
Starting Price depends on the Style used

• Kemonomimi / Anthro / Furry
• Hetero / Poly / LGBT+ Couples
• Tastefully Censored to Explicit NSFW
• Backgrounds, Vehicles, etc within the CG
• Characters of Any Species, Race, Sex, Gender, Age, Body Types, etc

Coming Soon-ish!
• 2D Animation
( Still a noob and practicing~ I can only do simple animation so far ^^ )

Other Things I Won't Draw
• Fanart
( As in, if the project isn't original/is made by fans for fans of a TV show, etc, I'm not interested. )
• NSFW of Minors
• Hate Art for Hate Art's Sake
• Ideologies I don't Conform With
( Only when you're trying to push an agenda. I'm fine with ideologies I don't conform with in a context of story. I write them too for the sake of realism, after all. But seriously, for the sake of all things holy, keep your projects on neutral ground. Art is more poignant when zero biases are involved. )
• Portrayal of Abusive Fetishes and Abuse in General in an Okay Light
( Safe, consensual BDSM not included! )

❄️ My Workflow ❄️
I work in batches.
To put it simply, I do a step for every artwork / design planned within the batch before moving on to the next step and the next, next step until finally, one batch of however many artwork is done. Reviews are done in between steps.

Batches could be determined per route, character, or type such as outfit concept, etc. This workflow creates momentum as I don’t have to reset my focus and mindset back to sketch phase after every finished artwork. This also allows artwork in a batch to finish in succession. It’s the most efficient workflow for me. However, if you’d like me to work with you in the general workflow instead, I’m fine with that as well. I work in the general workflow when there's no batch to be had anyway ^^

My Drawing Tools
Currently, I use the iPad Pro 10.5", paired with the Apple Pencil, Procreate for drawing, painting, and animating, and Affinity Designer for vector graphics such as logo design, etc. So, if it's required of me to use anything else for your project, I don't think I can help you unless you're willing to pay for the tools and the learning curve, which I highly doubt. It's best to look for a more suitable artist for the project instead ^^

My Work Hours
How much time will I spend on your project per day? It's the usual work hours divided in half.

Client Work
= approx. 4 hrs/week day.
= approx. 2 hrs/weekend.

My Personal Work
= approx. 4 hrs/week day.
= approx. 2 hrs/weekend.

And no, you can't pay me extra to work on your project full-time. I would honestly prefer to go broke than deprive myself of my own personal projects. Note that passion trumps money for me.

Tight Deadlines / Game Dev. Jams
= I don’t do this anymore. I recently found out I have a weak heart, so yes, it’s far too risky for me.
I would like a work life balance as well ^w^)b

Communication via preferred methods will resume throughout waking hours for every category when needed. I will update you on my progress each day and send them for reviews when needed.

I may or may not take a break during holidays. I will give you advance notice when a break is in order, such as for emergency cases like sickness, extreme back and wrist pain, burnout, or simply visiting loved ones during seasonal breaks and holidays, etc. I rarely get sick, in extreme pain, or burnt out even with my current schedule, so don't worry about it happening often during production. Most likely because I'm somewhat of a workaholic, thus work brings me more joy than stress xD

❄️ Payment ❄️
Payment is done through PayPal per commission.
After some mulling over, I do only prefer 100% payment in advance. My prices are already quite negotiable and if you still can't pay fully in advance with a price we agreed upon, then perhaps your project is not for me. I wish you all the best in finding a suitable artist for your project ^^

This goes without saying, but commercial projects will pay double or triple the normal price, depending on the type of commission, as I'm selling the rights of the product over to you. Thank you for your understanding ^^

With all that said, are you still interested in working with me? If so, send me a PM here or email me at gmail: liamwinterdale. Further discussion will ensue there. I prefer email as I get notified without delay, but whichever is fine by me ^^

Thank you for your time and have a good day.
Looking forward to hear from you ^^
Last edited by LiamWinterdale on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:15 am, edited 42 times in total.

LiamWinterdale
Regular
Completed: Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! (NaNoRenO 2020, CG / Cover + Title Logo Artist)

Re: [ CLOSED, Reservation Available ] CG + NSFW Artist for Hire, Prices Negotiable [ Paid Work + Revenue Share + Free ]

#2 Post by LiamWinterdale » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 am

Updated main post with more style samples and prices~
Also, edited a bunch of stuff~ added in an explanation of my workflow, my current work status, and work hours info. Contact me if interested~ looking forward to hear from you! ^^

Style 1a
F3CC58FC-D6C3-48C6-BFE4-ED46B3E053D3.png
The style I like the most! Done in semi-realism anime-inspired style. Lighting-focused, but will be softened when the environment requires. Shading is done in one color to fit the mood and to achieve harmony throughout the entire piece. Will shade in respective colors upon request. A mix of soft and cell shade.

If anyone's worried the characters will have no visible sclera (the white part of the eye), worry not! This character is based on a cat, so it's simply his eye design. He's a "magical" cat tho, so I took artistic liberties xD

Style 1b
FA4D7829-7977-4271-BB05-01937C0E2178.png
The style I got when trying to add more to Style 1a. Same as above! Except the hair receives more attention. Because who doesn't like more fabulous hair? Also, some parts will be painted than simple line and color (seen in the licked blood here). You can always specify these parts or leave it to my creativity ^^

Style 2
E4A8EFEF-9B4F-4A93-80C4-7F9B92E81BFB.png
My semi-realism painting style! It can be quite a while to produce something polished, so it has the highest price ^^

Style 3
59F193BE-0DB1-4DB1-A161-E914D7E301AC.png
My simpler semi-realism style. Made specifically with colored comics in mind. Not much visible lighting and the shading will be done in airbrush and cell-shade ^^

Style 4
B428BD11-6F09-4409-BF65-420A018026B0.png
My anime style! Done quickly as a sample for NaNoRenO2020 application, so it’s quite rough at the moment.
I will update once I have a polished sample. The work I offer in this style will be as polished as possible, of course, lineart included.
This style was made specifically with speedy workflow in mind, thus suited for projects with tight deadlines ^^

UPDATE MARCH 12th 2020
Finally added some samples for Style Replica!
Also a timelapse video for those interested~ Enjoy! ^v^)/ ❤️

Art Style and Character Designs by Kainico :: Backgrounds by Uncle Mugen
NaNoRenO 2020 Project by Kokoro Hane :: Character Art and Locket Design by Yours Truly, Liam Winterdale
The Style Replica was Done with Minimal References and No Style Guidelines
699ADA0F-AA3B-4CDF-9D19-9B1A77BF9104.png
3FADE796-830C-4B9C-86EA-AEA823CEB9DA.png

UPDATE MARCH 30th 2020
Finally added some samples for Cover Art and Logo!
Also a timelapse video for those interested~ Enjoy! ^v^)/ ❤️

• Cover / Promotional Art
Art Style and Annelise Character Design by Kainico whilst Noah is by Crescent Moon Arpeggio :: NaNoRenO 2020 Project by Kokoro Hane
Cover Art, Logo and Locket Design by Yours Truly, Liam Winterdale
922EA63D-EA17-4E3F-89A5-EDC01FC1CF48.png

• Logo Design ( Paid Only! )
NaNoRenO 2020 Project by Kokoro Hane :: Title Logo Design done for Free by Yours Truly, Liam Winterdale
39229FE8-31DC-4891-B315-98A1D127C65C.png
Last edited by LiamWinterdale on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale, Journey of The Scroll, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Hot Scientific Clock, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, one. digit. off
Projects: Synchronized Clocks, RE/COUNT RE:VERSE
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: [ CLOSED, Reservation Available ] 2D Digital Illustrator and Designer [ Paid / Non-Paid ]

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:03 pm

I would like to personally recommend Liam Winterdale! He was a member of our team as the CG+Cover+Logo artist for our NaNoRenO project Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! and he did an AMAZING job! not only is his artwork splendid, but he is a joy to work with and a good communicator. Every step of the way, he'd show me rough sketches, to linearts, to base coloring, until it was finally done. During these early stages, I could point out if any changes needed to be made. Another thing is he will also give you really nice input and ideas for a piece. He will really get involved in your project, and the results are something even BETTER than what you initially imagined. He really UNDERSTOOD the characters he was drawing, and it really shows, down to even little subtle details. And the logo, wow, when he presented the concept and the inspirations for it, I knew he really cared about this game and it reflected in his work.

I highly recommend Liam if you want someone that will be just as hyped as you are about your project, a good communicator, and fun person to work with!! ^^
PROJECTS:
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?![COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Hot Scientific Clock [COMPLETE][BxG]
Journey of The Scroll [COMPLETE][RPG][v.2]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]
The Only One Girl [WiP][Up.5/20/2017][1stQ ver. released]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

LiamWinterdale
Regular

Re: [ CLOSED, Reservation Available ] 2D Digital Illustrator and Designer [ Paid / Non-Paid ]

#4 Post by LiamWinterdale » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Kokoro Hane wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:03 pm
I would like to personally recommend Liam Winterdale! He was a member of our team as the CG+Cover+Logo artist for our NaNoRenO project Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! and he did an AMAZING job! not only is his artwork splendid, but he is a joy to work with and a good communicator. Every step of the way, he'd show me rough sketches, to linearts, to base coloring, until it was finally done. During these early stages, I could point out if any changes needed to be made. Another thing is he will also give you really nice input and ideas for a piece. He will really get involved in your project, and the results are something even BETTER than what you initially imagined. He really UNDERSTOOD the characters he was drawing, and it really shows, down to even little subtle details. And the logo, wow, when he presented the concept and the inspirations for it, I knew he really cared about this game and it reflected in his work.

I highly recommend Liam if you want someone that will be just as hyped as you are about your project, a good communicator, and fun person to work with!! ^^
Thank you so much, Kokoro! You made my day before it even begins TvT) ❤ Working on the game was a blast! I hope we can work together again in the future~ ^v^)/

If people want more CG samples of my work, do play the game Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!
There are 5 CGs only available for viewing within the game! The backgrounds are all by Uncle Mugen though, since I had time constraints x'D

It's a free-to-play game, so you don't need to pay anything to check out the works! It's also just a really good game to play; the characters, story, and everything else are amazing! So go check it out! I highly recommend it >v<)b

Enjoy~ stay home and stay safe! ^v^)/

LiamWinterdale
Regular

Re: [ Rev. Share Work OPEN ] 2D Digital Illustrator and Designer [ Paid / Non-Paid ]

#6 Post by LiamWinterdale » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:02 am

kittylove94 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:15 pm
sent message!
Thank you!
Looking forward to work with you ^w^)/

EDIT;; Thread Update!
MAY 28TH 2020

+ Style Chibi
D5F95557-5D27-44CB-A614-C7EFCF9AA1A9.png
I’m still experimenting with chibi styles, but this is what I have available for now~ ^w^)

+ Surrealism and Semirealism
0ECFC7C5-7F17-4B8B-A7EA-0BC9E4DFE492.png

EDIT;; Thread Update!
JULY 16 2020

+ Style Custom
Commissioned by thewritingperson1
CB408EB7-C08E-442D-B91C-B927D1FD88AF.png