[solved]Totally newb question.

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Omega2150
Projects: First game

[solved]Totally newb question.

#1 Post by Omega2150 »

I just started making a game and I've learned a lot through the tutorials and everyone's questions and answers. So here it is:
What is a python? and what does it do?
I know total newb, but this is the first attempt at making a game. I've already started and have made a good improvement in it with just labels and inits, but I want to get more things out of it and some of the things seem to require pythons and I don't know what they are. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Last edited by Omega2150 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The higher you fly the further you fall.

Koveras
Regular
Projects: The King's Dragon (TBA)

Re: Totally newb question.

#2 Post by Koveras »

Python is the name of a programming language that, as far as I can judge, Ren'Py is programmed in. But I think you don't have to be a Python programmer to create Ren'Py scripts. Unless, of course, you want to expand the standard engine functionality with your own code. ^^
"Yo, Buddy, you still alive?"

Omega2150
Projects: First game

Re: Totally newb question.

#3 Post by Omega2150 »

T_T Wow that's a lot to learn. I think I'm going to stick with what I know for now. Thanks for your help. I'll probably learn pythons only when I need to. For now what I know is working. Thanks for your help.
The higher you fly the further you fall.