It's far enough from the main trade routes that groceries cost an arm and a leg, but not quite distant enough to have any sense of frontier charm. It's where the careers of Federation officers go to die, and where wannabe space pirates go to find real jobs.
Bo Halloran runs an unlicensed repair shop on 51ur8-90. They dream of someday leaving the backwater colony, but life always seems to find a way to drag them back to their hometown. Their quiet life changes when they accidentally accept a job from the most infamous pilot in the Rebellion, and become inadvertently entwined with the Federation officer determined to hunt them down.
Our protagonist, Bo can fix anything* and has mastered the delicate art of avoiding legal trouble by not asking too many questions.
Alex Alderidge: Martian Federation
Alex is a proud officer of the Martian Federation, and the only child of an important oligarch. What would be a promising military career is derailed after an incident with a senior officer earns them an assignment on 51ur8-90.
Kai Kendra: Colonial Alliance
Kai is an ace pilot for the Rebellion. Despite their impressive list of military victories, they have a reputation for being prickly and difficult to work with. They manage to limp into 51ur8-90 after an arms deal gone bad, and hires our protagonist as a mechanic.
Shay (Just Shay): Probably not a Murderer
It's not unusual for people to wash up onto 51uR8-90, and for the most part, Shay's story checks out. Bo suspects Shay isn't telling them the whole truth about their past, but it's nice having some help and company around the shop.
- ~60k words.
- Free to play
- Choose the gender presentation and pronouns of the protagonist and the 3 romanceable characters.
- Support the Colonial Alliance, the Martian Federation, or try to stay neutral in the conflict regardless of which character(s) you choose to pursuit.
- Optional 18+ content
- 3 main story routes each with multiple branches and endings, including optional platonic and polyamorous variations.
- Story + Sprites by Noto
- Backgrounds by John Mugen (https://alte.itch.io/uncle-mugens-backgrounds) and Rachel Chen (https://rachelchen.itch.io/)
- Additional backgrounds CC
- Base UI code by BáiYù (https://baiyu.itch.io/)
Coming soon, watch this space for an itch.io link in the next few weeks
Overall the story is completely written, and I am working on replacing my developer assets with more polished ones. I expect to release the final version sometime this summer.
- Plot: 100%
- Script draft: 100%
- Coding: 25%
- Sprites: 40%
- UI: 40%
- CGs: TBA
- What are your first impressions of the setting and cast?
- How do you feel about a story that combines lighthearted slice-of-life elements with more serious drama?
- Would you prefer to have a greater level of customization over the main characters (for example, being able to select if they wear feminine or masculine clothing regardless of body type) or would you prefer to have more CGs?
- Do you have any other questions, comments or feedback?