(Demo)[Slice of Space Opera] 51ur8-90 [Gender Choice x Gender Choice][Sci-Fi][Romance] (16+)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Notomys
Projects: 51ur8-90: Slice of Space Opera
itch: notomys

Re: (Demo)[Slice of Space Opera] 51ur8-90 [Gender Choice x Gender Choice][Sci-Fi][Romance] (16+)

#16 Post by Notomys »

I can't believe another week has gone by. I felt like I was incredibly unproductive this week, but when I started looking through my dev notes, I realized that I hit all of my goals (and a few extra tasks). I'm about halfway through with coding in the second chapter and making good progress on the planned CGs for this chapter.. I hope everyone is staying safe and well

Progress:
(Coding)
Chapter 1 - 100% (11/11)
Chapter 2 - 45% (5/11)
Chapter 3 - 0%
Chapter 4 - 0%
Federation Endings - 0%
Rebellion Endings - 0%
Special Endings - 0%

CGs:
5/22 (23%)

Accomplishments this Week:
- Sketched and planned all versions of Shay's CG02 (this one is ~romantic~)
- Coded Shay's chapter 2 bonus scenes.
- Coded Alex's chapter 2 bonus scenes.
- Coded chapter 2, part 2.

Goals for Next Week
- Fix sketch so text box doesn't awkwardly cut them off at the chin.
- Code Shay paralog part 2.
- Code Alex paralog part 2.
- Code chapter 2, part 3

Extras
shay_cg2_femme_masc_sketch_preview.jpg
Check out a little (cropped) preview of this CG. As you can see, I work pretty messily. One of the challenges with BYO gender is that for CGs with more than one character there are a lot of variations for each CG. This particular CG will have four variations (femmeXfemme, mascXmasc, femmeXmasc, and mascXfemme). If you squint really hard you can see a tiny 'x' that I used to help line up with their mouths will be.

QA #03
If you disappeared, who would miss you?

Bo -- Oh jeez, you’re really a fan of these heavy questions aren’t you? For all of 51ur8’s faults, I do have some friends here. Tina and Ben for sure. Probably Shay, and maybe Alex. I don’t know about Kai. I want to say that they would, but I think that might be overstating our friendship.

Alex -- I’m not exactly well liked amongst my staff, but I’d like to think that they’d miss me if I suddenly disappeared. I have a few friends here and there, and well … somebody special in a remote colony.

Kai -- Plenty of people would miss the idea of me, but nobody would actually miss me.

Shay -- Hmm…I wonder. I think a better question is whether or not it would be possible for me to disappear completely?

Notomys

Re: (Demo)[Slice of Space Opera] 51ur8-90 [Gender Choice x Gender Choice][Sci-Fi][Romance] (16+)

#17 Post by Notomys »

Unfortunately, a few things popped up this week and I was unable to meet all of my milestones, but what can you do other than keep moving forward?

Progress:
(Coding)
Chapter 1 - 100% (11/11)
Chapter 2 - 45% (5/11)
Chapter 3 - 0%
Chapter 4 - 0%
Federation Endings - 0%
Rebellion Endings - 0%
Special Endings - 0%

CGs:
5/22 (23%)

- Fix sketch so text box doesn't awkwardly cut them off at the chin.
- Coded about half of chapter 2, part 3

Goals for Next Week
- Complete a dev log/update for itch.io
- Code Shay paralog part 2.
- Finish Code chapter 2, part 3

Extras

QA#04. Would you call your upbringing ‘conventional’?

Bo - Oh definitely. I mean. I don’t have the biggest sample size to work with, but pretty much all of the other kids on Slurb had the same sort of childhood as I did.

Alex - Ah. No. I made a fool of myself more than once when I was younger by not realizing exactly how different my own childhood experiences were to most citizens of the Martian Federation. It really is embarrassing now that I think back about it.

Kai - It was conventional by the standards of Vesta, but you do know that there are pretty significant cultural differences between the colonies? The way my parents raised me is very different than somebody would raise a child say, in the Slurblands.

Shay - I grew up on a research vessel exploring the outer range of human habitation (laughs) of course it wasn’t conventional.

Notomys

#18 Post by Notomys »

So those things I mentioned last week — they continued to pop up and impact my work this week. Fortunately, things seem to be settling down a little bit in my personal life, which hopefully means we can get this development train back on its tracks. In the meantime, I hope everyone else is whole and well and that things continue to look up for everybody.

I did manage to finish up one of the first romantic scenes and I'm really pleased with how it came out. I love writing those kinds of scene, and it's always exciting when characters are juuust beginning to drop their walls with each other.

Progress:
(Coding)
Chapter 1 - 100% (11/11)
Chapter 2 - 55% (6/11)
Chapter 3 - 0%
Chapter 4 - 0%
Federation Endings - 0%
Rebellion Endings - 0%
Special Endings - 0%

CGs:
5/22 (23%)

- Code Shay paralog 2

Goals for Next Week
- Finish Code chapter 2, part 3

Extras
QA#05
Imagine you’re filling in an online dating profile, what would you say you’re looking for?

Bo - Hahaha, a ticket off colony? I’m kidding, really. Mostly. Probably. Now that I’m thinking about it, this is a really interesting question. I guess in the past I generally let the other person dictate what they want out of the relationship, and well — I guess being a little bit more selfish about that wouldn’t be a bad thing. It’s hard for me to really define what I want in a partner, and by extension, what I actually want out of my life. Huh, that got a little bit philosophical …

Alex - I am a little bit old fashioned when it comes to those sorts of things. I want to meet somebody that I have a genuine emotional connection with, and who would be interested in a future with me. I’m sure a psychologist would have a field day relating my childhood to the fact that I’m so drawn to the idea of building a family with somebody.

Kai - Sex. What? I know those other two gave you a long and introspective response, but I’m pretty straightforward with my needs.

Shay - I haven’t really thought much about that. Honestly, the people that I’m interested in romantically tend to be very few and far between. Hmmm — I’m not sure how I would describe it. I don’t think online dating would really be something that I would have any interest in.

Notomys

#19 Post by Notomys »

Slow progress is better than no progress!

Progress:(
Coding)
Chapter 1 - 100% (11/11)
Chapter 2 - 64% (7/11)
Chapter 3 - 0%
Chapter 4 - 0%
Federation Endings - 0%
Rebellion Endings - 0%
Special Endings - 0%

CGs:
5/22 (23%)

- Code Chapter 2, part 3

Goals for Next Week
- Code chapter 2, part 4

Extras
QA#06
Do you have any special abilities? How do you use them?

Bo - You folks already know that I can fix pretty much anything, but did you know that I can also burp the ABCs? How do I use this amazing talent? To win friends and influence people, obviously.

Alex - I can hold my breath for a surprisingly long period of time. I used to do it to pass the time during boring meetings, and I’ve gotten pretty good at it. My personal best time is just short of 3 minutes.

Kai - Rebellion propaganda makes it seem like a bigger deal than it actually is, but I haven’t found a machine I can’t pilot.

Shay - I’m fluent in Esperanto. I did a lot of long-haul travel in the past and studied it to pass the time. (laughs) I can’t really say it’s the most useful talent.

SupersizeMyHeart
Veteran
Projects: Supersize My Heart!
Deviantart: JeremyRawn

#20 Post by SupersizeMyHeart »

Slow progress is the name of the game these days, but you're right -- better than nothing! And your project looks super cool, btw. Naturally I love the art, since Dahlia is working our project too. But the world looks super interesting. I'm so sorry, I didn't read through every post before posting myself -- is the first chapter out, or are you going to release all at once once all the chapters are done?
Hey, I'm making a game about kissing cute fast food mascots! Check it out here right here.

Notomys

#21 Post by Notomys »

Sorry for the delay in response to this. My social media game is weak and somehow I am just noticing your comment @PassiveChicken. I’m glad you like the art, I really can’t say enough good things about Dahlia. I am so pleased with how the sprites came out, and she was a real joy to work with!

I have a demo up on itch.io which covers the first chapter of the game. I’ve actually gone back and forth about what my release schedule will look like. Slurb is my first game, and as such, I don’t really have a ton of experience with the business side of making and promoting a VN. As of right now I am planning on releasing everything out at once — primarily to simplify the whole promotional side of things — but I have toyed around with the idea of making alpha builds publicly accessible as the chapters are complete (and after they’ve been given the initial once-over by my editor for typos/etc). Given where I currently am with the project, I’m looking at an early spring 2021 release date (April/March) 8)

Time for the update!

Progress:
(Coding)
Chapter 1 - 100% (11/11)
Chapter 2 - 72% (8/11)
Chapter 3 - 0%
Chapter 4 - 0%
Federation Endings - 0%
Rebellion Endings - 0%
Special Endings - 0%

CGs:
5/22 (23%)

This week I completed:
- Finished coding chapter 2.4
- Began work on the lineart for CG06.

Next week I want to:
- Complete lineart for CG06 and flatcolor.
- Finish coding chapter 2.5

Notomys

#22 Post by Notomys »

While working on chapter 2.5, I realized that because there are a few different variations depending on which actions you've picked ... it was a lot bigger than expected, so I didn't quite finish coding up all of it, but I managed to accomplish the 'base' of the chapter. I'm not going to count it as 'done' yet ... but at about 1000 words done so far without the optional branching, it's going to be a little beefier than some of the other chapters. 8)

Progress:
(Coding)
Chapter 1 - 100% (11/11)
Chapter 2 - 72% (8/11)
Chapter 3 - 0%
Chapter 4 - 0%
Federation Endings - 0%
Rebellion Endings - 0%
Special Endings - 0%

CGs:
5/22 (23%)

This week I completed:
- Finished coding base for chapter 2.5
- Complete lineart for CG06

Next week I want to:
- Flatcolor CG06
- Finish coding the rest of chapter 2.5

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#23 Post by Zelan »

Hey!! Haven't been on LemmaSoft in a hot minute but I was wondering if you were still working on this project, it's one of the last ones I remember really catching my eye before I sort of dropped off following VNs.