Monochrome-SEARCHING FOR BACKGROUND ARTIST AND COMPOSER

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Andrew

Monochrome-SEARCHING FOR BACKGROUND ARTIST AND COMPOSER

#1 Post by Andrew »

Hello, everybody. I am Andrew of Silvermist productions, and I'm here to tell you about our first visual novel, Shades of Grey. The protagonist is a 21 year old named Katsuya Haiiro. He's a well known artist with a nice house situated on top of a cliff by the sea. His most well known painting is of the view out the window of the second floor of his house at sunrise. The problem? He only has a few months before he goes completely colorblind, and as if that wasn't bad enough, a large company is going to demolish his house to make a senior home, thus leaving him homeless, with no art studio. After 4 weeks, he's down to 1500¥. One day, while he's sitting in a field, a 19 year old girl named Kanon Hiroshinta crashes into him. Next thing he knows, he's going to live in her guest bedroom for 1000¥ a week. He soon finds out that Kanon herself lives in a guest bedroom, as do her friends, Kiyomi and Sakaki. He just agreed to be the only man in a dormitory full of women. See where I'm going with this?

Anyway, we have all the images we need for the characters, although we seem to be a bit lacking in the music and background departments. If anybody could help with those, it would be much obliged.
Last edited by Andrew on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

Re: Shades of Grey-SEARCHING FOR BACKGROUND ARTIST AND COMPOSER

#2 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Do you have a deadline?
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#3 Post by F.I.A »

Here's a head-up. There is another hentai wip that shares the very same title.

You might need to discuss with them or consider altering the title.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by JinzouTamashii »

What about Monochrome or Monochromatic as a title instead?
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

tamashiinorefuran
Projects: Silence is Golden

#5 Post by tamashiinorefuran »

there's a similarly named game too

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by JinzouTamashii »

That matter of a title aside, perhaps I could help with backgrounds. What sort of scenes do you need?

Andrew

#7 Post by Andrew »

Okay, title's being changed to Monochrome. Also, there's no deadline. All scenes, considering that the main character is going colorblind, must have dull colors. The only scenes I need for now are a field a bedroom, and the entrance (As in the view which you would see immediately after entering) to a house.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Monochrome-SEARCHING FOR BACKGROUND ARTIST AND COMPOSER

#8 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Sure.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Hey, Andrew, what should I put in the foyer? I've got it laid out and drafted and I have a nice blue leather chair but it's missing something and it's a little empty. Should I add a carpet, potted plant, maybe a table?

I'm going to add some light rays to warm it up, but the image is a little too still (a lot of interiors have that problem.)

Also, I'll make all your BGs if you don't mind me using them as assets myself in a future game.

Rhythmic Ambassador
Projects: Nothing yet, but I'm looking to work on some! Message me if your project needs a writer/proofreader/python scripter/musician :D

#10 Post by Rhythmic Ambassador »

Not sure if you're still working on this or still in need of music, but I would be willing to do some music for you (Although I can't make any promises about the quality :oops:).

It mainly depends on what theme/genre you want the music to be. I play bass, guitar, keyboard and saxophone as well as being able to use software to create drum loops, compositions etc.

So if you still need music and feel like putting your faith in a crappy amateur like me, hit me up :D

Andrew

#11 Post by Andrew »

Rhythmic Ambassador wrote:Not sure if you're still working on this or still in need of music, but I would be willing to do some music for you (Although I can't make any promises about the quality :oops:).

It mainly depends on what theme/genre you want the music to be. I play bass, guitar, keyboard and saxophone as well as being able to use software to create drum loops, compositions etc.

So if you still need music and feel like putting your faith in a crappy amateur like me, hit me up :D
Hmmm.... I'd be able to decide if I could see some examples.

Rhythmic Ambassador
Projects: Nothing yet, but I'm looking to work on some! Message me if your project needs a writer/proofreader/python scripter/musician :D

#12 Post by Rhythmic Ambassador »

I actually don't think I have any recorded examples of backing track type music right now, but I could do with some practice with my new recording software anyway so I'll knock up a quick demo or two and post them here when they're done!

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Here's the first of three BGs.
foyer2.png

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Here's another background. The flowers are overlays so that you can put a half-way desaturated sprite behind them if you want. I also included a blurred version for a Depth of Field effect. It's a field of black-eyed susans and purple coneflowers with a friendly little path and trees and mountains in the background. Quite nice. I'd like to visit someplace like that. :)
Attachments
field2.png
flowersblurred.png
flowers.png

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Let me know if you want the original look. But I wanted your game to have a certain "something" to the BGs with the dreamy hatched look, since I felt that the game would be melancholy.

I should have a new bedroom done in a week or so, maybe two.