AI Dungeon - an Android app that can help you write your story.

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

AI Dungeon - an Android app that can help you write your story.

#1 Post by Imperf3kt »

I stumbled across this app recently called AI Dungeon. It's marketed as a game, but I think it's more useful as a writing tool.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .aidungeon
Premium features are subscription only, but the base app works very smooth.

Essentially it is an AI that writes stories in English that you can edit, modify, rewrite or add onto yourself.
There's no way to copy the text it generates unless you edit each line / paragraph, but it can be very handy for giving you ideas, establishing a plot direction or giving you a new path to follow, or even just write for you.
You can activate a NSFW mode via the edit adventure option, should you wish it to write your more adult scenes. As such, the app is rated R18

At times the AI can be a bit dodgy and there's a few bugs, but its flexible enough that you can mostly correct these issues with minimal effort.

Im not sure how copyright works in regards to AI written stories, so I suggest that until the law becomes more clear, you use this as inspiration only.

There is some information in this legal article
https://www.ashurst.com/en/news-and-ins ... tervention.

My experience with it so far has been mind blowing, it can even pick up subtlety and understand more advanced English quirks.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: AI Dungeon - an Android app that can help you write your story.

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

There's a web version of this as well, in which you can copy and paste the text and also export a .txt file of your whole game I believe. I played around with it a while ago and found that the longer it goes on the more it tends to descend into nonsense - it doesn't seem to keep track of very many details at one time, so the story can easily start contradicting itself. But it definitely generates some interesting stuff that could make good writing prompts.
ImageImageImage