This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
- Ren'Py Creator
- Posts: 15478
- Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:58 am
- Completed: Moonlight Walks
- Projects: Ren'Py
- IRC Nick: renpytom
- Github: renpytom
- itch: renpytom
- Location: Kings Park, NY
The Google Play policies require that new apps target Android 10 (Api Level 29), and that if the application supports billing, it has to support Google Play Billing library 3. These changes are now required for new applications, and if you're updating your application, the changes will go into effect on November 1st.
I've made a new release of RAPT, the Ren'Py Android Packaging Tool, for Ren'Py 7.3.5, to make sure that you can release application while I finish Ren'Py 7.4. Since I don't have the ability to make new releases of 7.3, I've made the new RAPT available as a download:
https://www.renpy.org/dl/7.3.5/renpy-7. ... oid-29.zip
To install the RAPT update:
1) If you already have RAPT installed, rename the renpy-7.3.5-sdk/rapt/ directory to "rapt-28", to make a backup of it.
2) Download the update, and place into renpy-7.3.5-sdk/ (this is the directory that has renpy.exe, renpy.sh, and renpy.app in it).
3) Unzip the update. Make sure that it doesn't add renpy-7.3.5-rapt-android-29 to the front of each path - you should get renpy-7.3.5-sdk/rapt/ back again. If you see a directory named renpy-7.3.5-rapt-android-29, then copy renpy-7.3.5-rapt-android-29/rapt into the renpy-7.3.5-sdk/ directory.
4) If you had RAPT installed already, copy rapt-28/android.keystore over to rapt/.
5) Start the launcher, and tell Ren'Py to install the SDK.
Do these five steps, and you should be ready to release applications that target Android 10 and Google Play Billing 3.
Please let me know if you have any questions, if you have trouble getting this working, or even if it works fine for you.
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 3038
- Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am
- Location: Your monitor
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 630
- Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:23 pm
- Completed: Tour de Pharmacy, Tour de Paseban
- Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 1
- Organization: VN Project Indonesia
- Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
- itch: NSAID
- Location: In my dream
Edited on August 27: I've successfully published on Playstore with this version. So far works well and no problem!