A Marble's Muse [NBxG/NBxB, Commercial, Comedy, Dating Sim, Visual Novel]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
HusbandoGoddess
Tumblr: Goddess-of-Husbandos

A Marble's Muse [NBxG/NBxB, Commercial, Comedy, Dating Sim, Visual Novel]

#1 Post by HusbandoGoddess »

Marbles.png
Synopsis: In the small kingdom of Liliana, lays Clarke, a non-binary artist (and marble) in some trouble. It's your job to guide Clarke to their next muse and maybe even help them find love along the way. Will you make Clarke's next piece the best portrait Liliana has ever soon or will they continue be stuck with their artist's block?
Meet the Romance Interests!

Cotton
Cotton.png
"A pink marble. She is daughter of the owner of the famous Candy and Rolls shop. She’s super sweet, maybe a little naive but she only means well! If you want to get her to be your muse and maybe even more, you'll just have to get through her father first..."

Deadlock
Deadlock.png
A marble with black and red streaks (and a white mohawk!) who is the lead singer for the band Dread Ball. Unlike his stage presence, he is reserved and a bit standoff-ish. Will you be the one to melt down that wall of his?

Echo
Echo Masked.png
"A female marble who suffers from grandiose delusions. At day, she’s a super secret ninja who cannot reveal herself to the public eye (especially during work days after a certain incident) and at night, she lets loose on the evil-doers in Liliana!"
Lilco
Lilco.png
"The former captain of the Liliana’s team, the Lilies. Despite his attempts to get his team recognized by the Marbleplooza Council, they all failed. He quits the team in frustration, thinking his dream of participating in the Marbleplooza will never be realized."

Team

Writer: HusbandoGoddess https://twitter.com/HusbandoGoddess
Artist: BetaWolfes from Jelle's Marble Race! https://twitter.com/BetawolfsMarble
Background artist: enajoriyui
Programmer: OrigamiGamer
GUI Artist: M.
Composer/Music: Efe Tozan

Progress
Writing: 30%, outline complete!
Art: 50%
GUI: 100%
Music: 100%
Programming: 15%

Hey there guys! You may know me as HusbandoGoddess. I used to do playthroughs of visual novels on my channel and now, I'm creating my own! This is A Marble's Muse! I'm both very excited and nervous to bring this project to you all, because well, releasing any kind of project is always nerve wrecking.

Questions!
1) Who is your favorite character at first glance?
2) What aspects of this project, although there is some aspects that need some filling, are you looking forward to?
3) More of a fun question, but have you watched Jelle's Marble Race? If so, who is your favorite team?
Last edited by HusbandoGoddess on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Saitogami
Regular
Projects: Danganronpa F: Shattered Hope (as Pocket), Once More (as Boss), Cybermania (as Tesla), Lionheart Paragon (as Zetsu), Everstory (as Jack),
Organization: Third Man Entertainment
IRC Nick: Josh
Soundcloud: Saitogami

Re: A Marble's Muse [NBxG/NBxB, Commercial, Comedy, Dating Sim, Visual Novel]

#2 Post by Saitogami »

Hello!

I just wanna say that this looks like it's gonna be so fun to play through!!! My favorite character at first glance will have to be DEADLOCK! THE MARBLE BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He looks like he'll be a crazy rocker and I'm already making a head canon story about him hahaha.

Honestly, the one aspect I'm looking forward to is how the outcomes of each of the love interests will be. I'm a sucker for a good story, no matter what genre. Gameplay style is always fun, whether it be visual novels or another genre, but stories have always impacted me and that's the one thing I'm looking forward to.

Unfortunately, I have not watched Jelle's Marbel Race yet. I want to!

I do have a question myself. In the future, will there be auditions held for A Marble's Muse? If so, I'd love to try out! If there isn't, totally cool! I can't wait to see finished!

Have a great day/night,

Saitogami

HusbandoGoddess

#3 Post by HusbandoGoddess »

Saitogami wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:45 pm Hello!

I just wanna say that this looks like it's gonna be so fun to play through!!! My favorite character at first glance will have to be DEADLOCK! THE MARBLE BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He looks like he'll be a crazy rocker and I'm already making a head canon story about him hahaha.
I'M SO HAPPY! Deadlock seems to be a fan favorite among you, Twitter, and the people in my Discord. I promise you only the most edgy route. XD

Saitogami
Regular
Projects: Danganronpa F: Shattered Hope (as Pocket), Once More (as Boss), Cybermania (as Tesla), Lionheart Paragon (as Zetsu), Everstory (as Jack),
Organization: Third Man Entertainment
IRC Nick: Josh
Soundcloud: Saitogami

#4 Post by Saitogami »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. He looks so cool and I can't wait to see him rock out! I also like Cotton uwu :D Of course, I like all of them, but Cotton looks adorable ( * w*)

HusbandoGoddess

#5 Post by HusbandoGoddess »

A tiny update!

The GUI, music, and background are being worked on. I received some of GUI and a sketch of one of the 7 backgrounds you will see in the game.

I was also able to have Will, who worked on the logo, do some quick sprite editing to add various emotions to the marbles. Marbles are very expressive, you see!
Lilco_Blush.png
Echo_Masked_Question.png
Deadlock_Mad.png
Cotton_Shock.png
Clarke_ugh.png
Attachments
unknown.png

HusbandoGoddess

#6 Post by HusbandoGoddess »

Oh boy, it's been a bit! A ton of progress has happened so let's get to it!

All the music has been completed and the programming has begun. So far, most of first in-game done has been programmed in. The game has 5 in-game days and splits off into separate routes on day 3. The background are halfway done and so is the CG art.

I'm halfway through writing day 2, which will put us at around 30% for the writing! Now, here's some nice art. :)
unknown (1).png
unknown (2).png
8sRFYG_G.jpg