Chapter Select Screen Doesn't Work

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Crimson Sugar Std
itch: Crimson Sugar Studio

Chapter Select Screen Doesn't Work

#1 Post by Crimson Sugar Std »

While working on my visual novel, I decided that I wanted to include a chapter select screen in the main menu of the game. That part hasn't been an issue, and I was able to make part of it work, but not all of the elements actually function properly. As in, when you choose to go to prologue, it works fine, but when you choose to start at Chapter One instead, everything works for the most part, except the quick menu at the bottom of the screen goes away. If I cannot rectify this issue, then the player will not be able to save their progress if they choose to use this function rather than loading from a save, or do anything else that the quick menu allows. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you in advance!

Here's a screenshot of the code, because I don't know how to include it here properly:
chapter.PNG
(I'm probably missing something very obvious, or just doing something horribly wrong, but I'm new at this, so I still have a lot to learn...)

hell_oh_world
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Chapter Select Screen Doesn't Work

#2 Post by hell_oh_world »

Try using Start("label_name") instead of jump. For empty actions you use NullAction() and not Null.
When pasting your code in here you can use the [code]your codes...[/code] tags to format it properly in your thread.

Crimson Sugar Std
itch: Crimson Sugar Studio

Re: Chapter Select Screen Doesn't Work

#3 Post by Crimson Sugar Std »

hell_oh_world wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:02 pm Try using Start("label_name") instead of jump. For empty actions you use NullAction() and not Null.
When pasting your code in here you can use the [code]your codes...[/code] tags to format it properly in your thread.
Thank you so much!!! :)