It takes your VN and makes a graph of the routes available.
DOWNLOAD IT HERE : https://github.com/EwenQuim/renpy-graphviz#how-to-use
or TEST IT ONLINE : https://renpy.amethysts.studio/
The Question analyzed and a little bit customized (only 2 comments added in the script.rpy file).
Going deeper in the project - for advanced coders
So the tool I made isn't perfect. There is plenty of room for improvement.
1. For now, the tool is only available on
- Linux : works
- mac : works but unsigned -you have to manually say you trust this app and it's boring
- windows : works but triggers antivirus
- web : EDIT may 2021 : done
2. The Parser doesn't use an AST. It's a really simple one, so (very) advanced features aren't possible to implement without it. I tried to make one but o boi Ren'Py is hard to parse, especially about the label intenting problem.
3. I made a tag system https://github.com/EwenQuim/renpy-graphviz#tags
Code: Select all
label chapter_1: #renpy-graphviz: TITLE
4. I made it in Go for speed (I have considered Python but too slow to parse huge VNs), go the Go-Python link have some drawbacks. I have a lot of trouble implementing my "renpy-analytics" project - imagine seeing your user's route on this kind of graph..
EDIT june 2021 : done
My questions :
- does it work for you ?
- what should I do next ?