Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!/PUQFFAL [Devtober 2021][First Game][Cute][Slice-of-Life][Sci-fi?]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
MintGlow
Regular
Completed: Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!, Myx's Bittersweet Musings, Sweetly Sweetened Sweets
Projects: Acquiesce, The Dose Makes The Poison
Deviantart: MintGlow
Soundcloud: MintGlow
itch: MintGlow
Discord: Carmints#6989

Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!/PUQFFAL [Devtober 2021][First Game][Cute][Slice-of-Life][Sci-fi?]

#1 Post by MintGlow »

Hello!

I will be taking part in the future NaNoReNo 2022, but since it's too far from now, I have joined Devtober (which will end at the end of October) to finish my first visual novel!

Characters (play the game to find out about them!):
FAmBzMOVUAM2MCK.jpg
I will be making more games with these characters in NaNoReNo and beyond!

I will post posts like these to update others about the progress I am making and increase awareness of the game.

The game will be free!

A zoomed in sketch of a CG when Pippy makes her first friend (but they might stay sketches for the first release):
cg_1 thumbnail.png

Update:
10/1/21 - spoopy month celebration
Sprites: 80%
Story: 90% (Just need to modify dialogue)
CGs: 10% (I will include the sketches at least)
Music: 100% (I have some tracks of my own, might make some more to replace the royalty-free ones tho)
Backgrounds and Scenery: 100% (definitely not mine)

Honestly, mostly everything is very close to being done.
All I have to do now is spread publicity and fine-tune some things!

Here is what I have on the game's page so far:

As Pippy the annoying cliche hyperenergetic rabbit, working at a maid cafe, at the age of 11, in a world where there is no more school, your goal is to make as many friends as you can (unless you don't want to, that is).

Will Pippy get enough friends to be satisfied?

Features:

* An incredible story and character-driven visual novel!
* 1 - 1.5 hour long gameplay! (Not too long and not too short)
* 5+ Sketched-out character graphics! (I will polish them when I want to, hehe)
* Animal people that live in an animal world!
* Interesting and (literally) colorful cast of (4) characters! (That is unless you don't like them)
* Friendships that blossom!
* Pippy! NYAHAHAHAHA-- (What)
* And last, but not least, learn things!

A snapshot of gameplay:
scre'.PNG

Check out my signature for other forms of update.

Thanks for viewing and let me know what you think!

MintGlow
Regular
Completed: Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!, Myx's Bittersweet Musings, Sweetly Sweetened Sweets

Re: Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!/PUQFFAL [Devtober 2021][First Game][Cute][Slice-of-Life][Sci-

#2 Post by MintGlow »

The game is now out!!! https://mintglow.itch.io/puqffal
It has a bit of a weird name, but it shows the protagonist's fun-loving personality as if she named the game herself.

I had a lot of fun in the process of learning Ren'Py from scratch and with creating these characters, and it would make my day if a stranger checked it out...

MintGlow
Regular

Re: Pippy's Ultimate Quest for Friendship (and Lessons)!!!/PUQFFAL [Devtober 2021][First Game][Cute][Slice-of-Life][Sci-

#3 Post by MintGlow »

RonaldStrait wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:35 am Thanks for sharing the link to your game. I will surely play this game. >_< I am getting bored at home and because I love to play games that is why I always search for unique games online.
Of course! Thanks for giving it a chance :D
Check out other people's visual novels too if you're bored. They're awesome!!

On a side note, I plan to make a demo for the third game for this series starting in March during NaNoRenO. It's going to be bigger...