[Kickstarter LIVE] I Just Want to be Single!! [GxG][Comedy][Romance] Playable Demo

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
dont_touch_me
itch: dont-touch-me

[Kickstarter LIVE] I Just Want to be Single!! [GxG][Comedy][Romance] Playable Demo

#1 Post by dont_touch_me »

Back us on Kickstarter (LIVE NOW!):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... -be-single

The anti-dating sim where you make friends instead of girlfriends!
Have you ever wanted to play a dating sim where the goal is to make friends instead of romantic relationships?
Well, this is the game for you!
Follow the story of Aya as she/they try to navigate high school life without getting in a relationship by graduation day.

Play as an aromantic, non-binary protagonist!
You are Aya - a timid, anxiety ridden mess that wants nothing more than to start fresh in your final year of high school.
New school, new people, making friends will DEFINITELY work this time!
But in a strange twist of fate, it turns out your new haircut is making everyone in class fall in love with you instead?!
How will you make new friends with cute girls that are looking for more than just friendship?

Try the demo!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1703 ... be_Single/

- Up to 40 minutes of gameplay all for free!
- Available for PC, MacOS and Linux platforms
- Currently at over 13,000 wishlists on Steam!

Meet the Characters!

Gameplay Features

What's an "anti-dating" sim anyway?

The goal of the game is to not date anyone while still being able to make friends.
You'll need to use your wits and charm but not too much of it! What happens when someone likes you too much?
Or too little? You might get an entirely different ending depending on what you do!

Say anything

Being a cool, smooth talking protag in a Dating Sim is easy.
That is, until you have to actually come up with what to say yourself.
In "I Just Want to be Single!!" you have to pick your own words when conversing with other characters by typing them in.
Be careful with what you choose to say, because they'll remember!

And you'll have to remember what they've said as well! (Just like real people!)
Forget a person's name? They'll react to it!
You'll need to pay attention to all of the details, you can't just skip through dialogue!

Make Difficult Decisions

Aya's one goal is to make friends at school but she also doesn't want to date anyone!
You'll have to make difficult decisions and pick what you say carefully!
There will always be an "Affection Meter" at the top of the screen to let you know how much a character likes you!
Drop down too much, and they won't want to be friends with you anymore!
Go too high, and they'll start thinking that you want to date them!

Timed Choices

Sometimes you'll need to stay on your toes and think quickly!
Some characters are impatient and don't want to wait forever for you to think about what you want to say.

Change your Tone

Sometimes, instead of choosing what to say, you'll have to choose how you need to say it.

Saying something with low or high conviction can change the scenario in a completely different way!
Certain characters might like you saying something in a toned down voice, or some might prefer you say it with a lot of confidence.

Secret Options

Don't like the options you have?
There are hidden secret dialogue options you can find and choose!
They're scattered throughout the game, so you'll have to try things out to find these special lines!

Sometimes, these hidden answers might heavily impact the future and come back when you least expect it!
You'll be rewarded for smart thinking creativeness!

Minigames for Creation

It's important to have a change of pace every now and then.
Why not have some fun with a bit of creative activities? In this one, you draw Shizuka!
Every route has a unique minigame that emphasizes on player input.
Thematically fitting minigames only! (No random bejeweled clones here.)

Take a Break

After each chunk of the game, you'll get an intermission break period where you get to chill out and take a break in Aya's room.
Here, you'll be able to check back on past memories (collectibles), chill out and listen to the soundtrack (lofi beats to stay single to), or just play vidya (minigames.)
(Gif for visual mockup purposes only. Currently still in development.)

Player Choice

You'll be able to freely pick a route that focuses on your favorite girl.
Each route has multiple endings, including a good ending where you make friends, a "bad" ending where you get into a relationship with them and other secret endings.
Your choices in the game will directly affect which ending you get!
(The demo does not have this feature.)

Accessibility

Accessibility is very important to us, so we're going to implement many features to help players of any kind enjoy our game. Including:

Difficulty: Sometimes a timer is too stressful.
Sometimes a certain mechanic (holding or reactionary) might be problematic for impaired or people with disabilities.
Or sometimes you just want to enjoy the story. We'll be implementing a mode that helps people enjoy the game at their own pace.
(There also be an auto-read function too!)
Big, clear and easy to read text: Every UI element is designed to be extremely readable, you won't be squinting and struggling to read text in this game!
Screen Reader: Our game has a self-reading text to speech function as well.

Other features include:
VTuber Mode: There is a mode specifically made for VTubers! You're able to put your own avatar in place of the MC! (This works for 3D, 2D, PNGTubers and even just regular streamers with a greenscreen too.)
More mechanics: The game will progressively add on more mechanics to the input system!
In-Game Fan Art: Creative self-expression is important to us. So is fan art. So we will include fan art inside the game itself!
Dog: Dog. You will be able to pet the dog. Yes.

Animated Comic/Manga Panels

(Partial) Voice Acting

Incredible voice acting (only) during cutscenes!

Backgrounds

Much of the game takes place in Love-Love Highschool (yes, it's really called that). We opted for a soft look and pastel aesthetic to give that nostalgia for old school comfy slice of life anime & manga.

Inclusion
We currently have a cast of LGBTQIA+ characters,
The main character Aya is non-binary and aromantic!

Plus we'll be adding a trans character in the game as well.

Reviews:

Currently we only have 1 review so far, you may check it out here.
https://www.nookgaming.com/i-just-want- ... o-preview/

Here are all the links!!
Follow the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/st ... -be-single
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StudioTsundere
Follow on Tiktok for memes: https://www.tiktok.com/@tsunderestudio
Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/zZe4QPaRg8
Wishlist on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1703 ... be_Single/

As always, if you have any questions to ask or general comments to say, please leave them below! We'd love to hear what you have to say!
-Tsundere Studio

-reserved space
Last edited by dont_touch_me on Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Destiny-Smasher
Regular
Projects: DownRight Fierce, Life is Strange: All Wounds
Tumblr: destiny-smasher.tumblr.com
itch: destiny-smasher

Re: I Just Want to be Single!! [GxG][Comedy]

#2 Post by Destiny-Smasher »

This looks very cute! Amusing premise and the art is stylized and pleasing to the eye. Good luck with your project!

dont_touch_me

Re: I Just Want to be Single!! [GxG][Comedy]

#3 Post by dont_touch_me »

Added a new trailer and Kickstarter pre-launch link! You can follow the page and get notified the moment we go live!

dont_touch_me

Re: [Kickstarter] I Just Want to be Single!! [GxG][Comedy][Romance] Demo

#4 Post by dont_touch_me »

Updated the page with brand new content, as well as a playable demo and information about our Kickstarter campaign - which goes live on March 15 (5 days from this post.)