No sound in some files after building distro. [SOLVED]

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Gh9stRide
Deviantart: systertysk

No sound in some files after building distro. [SOLVED]

#1 Post by Gh9stRide »

Hello everyone!
I have some issues trying to make my distro to work.
When running my game, after making it a distro, there are some voice files that doesn't make sound, nothing is heard.
Also, I get no error messages!?
But other voice files do make sound and work properly.
The files are in the same folder, and get packaged in the same archive by renpy distro builder.
I opened up the voice.rpa file, and extracted it with a rpa-decompiler and when extracted everything works.
So, only when it's in the RPA file it fails to work.
I'm pretty noob with renpy and especially python. So this is beyond me.
Any suggestions?
Last edited by Gh9stRide on Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

plastiekk
Regular

Re: No sound in some files after building distro.

#2 Post by plastiekk »

Hm, sounds like a decoder problem to me. Maybe you have an audio codec installed on your system that is not supported by Renpy. That would explain why the audio format plays after unpacking on your system, but not in Renpy.
Try to convert the unplayed audio files (there are many freeware tools for this. e.g. free:ac (windows)) to ".wav" format and try again.
I am also new to renpy and python. (Coming from ASM, Perl, PHP, SQL and stuff like that).
So the above is just a guess on my part. :)
Why on earth did I put the bread in the fridge?

Gh9stRide

#3 Post by Gh9stRide »

Tried to reconvert- convert but it didn't change the outcome. Thanks for a good reply though. I'll try to change the file to something else and see what happens.

Gh9stRide

#4 Post by Gh9stRide »

Thank you for reading and contributing! It seems the file had some kind of corruption or something. Either way, when I changed it for a newly created file. it worked. Again, thank you! /J