NaNoReno 2022 General Recruitment Thread

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

NaNoReno 2022 General Recruitment Thread

#1 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

March is about 2 weeks away, so it is once again time for the recruitment thread. As always, thanks to Deji for the original!

Don't know what NaNoReno is? Click here for details.

Click here if you wish to join the itch.io game jam.

------------------------------------------------------------

❋ So you want to participate in NaNoRenO 2015 2022? ❋

Unless you're working solo, you probably need a group! Or maybe you already have a group but could use more members!
Go ahead and post your or your group's information so people can contact you!

➤ A person looking for a group

Please list your skills and the things you're willing to contribute with, and if you have any preferences!

Example 1:
I'm an artist!
I can contribute character designs, character sprites and a few CGs (full screen, cut-ins, or chibis, not more than 4 full screen CGs).
I can't do backgrounds or GUI.
I'd like to work on a romance GxB game if possible! No BxB, no nudity, no abuse or violence, please :'3
I can communicate via forum Private Messages!
Thanks!
Example 2:
I'm a programer.
I'm good at basic coding, along with coding custom GUI and some ATL elements (within reason).
I'm looking to work on any kind of project, I'm not picky!
I'm okay with communicating through e-mail or Skype chat.

➤ A group looking for more members

Please list the basic, spoiler-free characteristics, tags/warnings and mood of the idea you have, what kind of people are you looking for and how you plan to communicate!

Example 1:
Our group is working on a non-romantic slice of life comedy with magical elements set in japanese high school!
We have a programer, writer and a musician, but we *really* need an artist!
The story will have 3 characters and as many CGs as the artist can cram in during March.
We have a Skype chat group set up for meetings, so Skype availability would be great (don't worry, no voice chat!)
Example 2:
We're working on a BxG bittersweet story about hard choices in life and moving on from the past. There will be mentions of abuse.
We're specifically looking for a Background artist.
If you can design a custom GUI or contribute with some music, that'd be great!
We plan to work using Trello.

* If you're a solo person with an idea you'd like people to help you with, you're better posting as a group =)

Happy NaNo-ing! :'D

------------------------------------------------------------

As a personal extra tidbit, please do remember to edit your post for the following reasons. a. Joined a group. b. Updating the team slots. c. Your team is full.
Last edited by Sunlit-Dreamer on Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

exuin
Regular
Deviantart: ShatteredRe
Github: ShatReal
itch: ShatteredReality
Discord: ShatteredReality#7834

Re: New post NaNoReno 2022 General Recruitment Thread

#2 Post by exuin »

Hi im an artist. I will draw anything sfw but I can't guarantee it will be good. I can work on any game.

Edit found a team!
Last edited by exuin on Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flordinary
Deviantart: Florisam

#3 Post by Flordinary »

EDIT: Already got a team! Good luck everyone!

Hi! I'm an artist and writer!
I'm interested in participating as a way to meet more people in the VN area and start involving myself more with it!
As an artist I can: Make character designs, Character Sprites (As long as it's not a huge group of people), and some CGs (Though backgrounds are not my forte!). I have a generally semi-realistic style but I also do chibis.
As a writer I can: Write a story outline, write a script, general brainstorming

I'd prefer to work in a "current times" setting as it's easier for me to draw those kinds of clothes and write what I know more, but I can potentially work with other eras or worlds depending on complexity (I do have a taste for the 1920s).
As for genres, I don't mind much what it is, though I do like stories that either focus on a character's inner struggles or friendships / romances. I'm open for more though! Heavy horror, body horror, NSFW, fetish and heavy gore are off the table. As well as storylines containing s*xual abuse and discriminatory themes especially in a distasteful manner, but I'm guessing that's a given.

If you're interested feel free to PM me!
Last edited by Flordinary on Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brittany Ann
Regular
Soundcloud: brittanyannphillips

#4 Post by Brittany Ann »

I'm a voice actor!

I can voice characters ranging from young female children to young female adults, young boys, and creature voices! I can deliver in a natural performance or something more anime-inspired, I have great comedic timing too.

I also have a professional home studio set up and equipment and the ability to do quick turnarounds with lines; I can self-direct but I can also do a live session with you over Discord, Skype, or Zoom.

My portfolio and demo reel can be found here at https://www.brittanyannphillips.com/

Happy to work on a volunteer basis!
Mature subjects/themes are ok, but no NSFW, please.

Feel free to reach out through email at brittanyannphillipsva(at)gmail(dot)com

I hope to hear from you!

- Brittany
Website/Demo ReelFacebookInstagramTwitter
Business Email: brittanyannphillipsva@gmail.com

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best."
- Henry van Dyke

shinka24
Completed: none
Projects: working in 1
Organization: none
IRC Nick: none

#5 Post by shinka24 »

I'm a programer.
I'm good at basic coding and i'm willing to learn.
I've been told I'm a fast learner, so i can learn whatever you need me to do
I'm looking to work on any kind of project, I'm not picky!
I'm okay with communicating through email: thenewshinka@gmail.com
or for discord: detective afton quinn's lover#3588

ArtsyRuthless

Re: NaNoReno 2022 General Recruitment Thread

#6 Post by ArtsyRuthless »

EDIT: Found a team, good luck with your game everyone!

Hello, I’m Karla, I’m an artist!
I’ve always wanted to work on a visual novel but writing and coding are not really for me so I’d love to be able to find cool people to work with!
I can contribute character designs & sprites, CGs & backgrounds! (I am better at interior bgs but I can still do exterior if needed)
I’m not very picky with genre but I think my art style would probably work best with things in a romance or lightly spooky genre.

If you’d like to see some examples of my work, my art insta is https://www.instagram.com/artsyruthless/ or my professional portfolio is https://karlamcknight.wixsite.com/portfolio
If you’d like to discuss ideas or work together you can email me at artsyruthless@gmail.com or dm me here or on Twitter @artsyruthless!

Deadrabbitgirl
Projects: Working on a TWINE and RenPy project to convert some of my short stories into IF titles.
itch: paige-maylott
Discord: Deadrabbitgirl💀🐰👧#7082

#7 Post by Deadrabbitgirl »

(EDIT: We've currently have two artists and myself for a group but might be open for someone with some magical programming skills)

Hey everyone. I'm Paige and I'm a writer looking for a group.

I'm a professional agented author with some award-winning short stories and several writing credits. I'm looking to shift into the game industry as a games writer and need experience working on some projects for my portfolio. Happy to contribute to any kind of project.

I specialize in 2SLGBTQIA+, angsty, thoughtful, or even frisky narratives, but I am flexible and would love to hear what you have in mind. Readers say that my work possesses vivid descriptors that draw people into my scenes, and possesses layered, nuanced prose.

I have a small amount of experience in TWINE and RenPy, but am swiftly learning more, though if you are using another format I'm sure I can learn enough to contribute.

If you're looking to learn more about me, check out my author website: https://www.paigemaylott.com or Twitter: @PVMaylott

Reach out to me here, or by email: paigemaylott@gmail.com and we can discuss how I can help you bring your project to life!

Ayael
Regular
Projects: Imperial Grace (on going), Autumn Spirit, Ballads at Midnight

#8 Post by Ayael »

Every position has been filled except the background artist one.

Hello everyone, I am here to recruit a few additional members for our game for the Nanoreno game jam. It’s called Ballads at Midnight and it involves a sexy vampire, a sassy MC (female) and songs in a gothic castle with optional romance.

Synopsis: When a sarcastic bard is arrested and exiled to an abandoned castle, she expected to be at the mercy of a hungry, blood-thirsty vampire. She soon discovers that the vampire, Lucius, is not starving: he is gravely bored. She may just survive on borrowed time, one ballad each midnight.

We already have a strong team ready to work on the game and we need a few more talents to make a polish game in such short time!

Already members of the team:
Director/UI artist/Lead programmer: Ayael (Portefolio)
Sprite/CG artist: Arrapso (Portefolio)
Lead writer: Wudge (Portefolio)
Editor: Jeneara (Portefolio)
Music director: Eliana (Portefolio)
Scripter: Rowanty (Portefolio, main scripter for DUFE)

Sample of Arrapso style:

What we are looking for:
- Someone to take care of the music (doesn’t have to compose them, just finding copyright free music and editing them to loop properly and adjust properly the volume is also fine!) and maybe the SFX.
- The game features a few moments where the MC sings, and we think it would bring more life if they were actual songs! So A lyricist to write 3 very small (like ~ 3 verses) songs, it would be even better if we could have a composer and a singer (female voice) to put them in music. (Again, we expect something very short.)
- A scripter (our engine is Renpy), as lead programmer I will set up the files so the scripter will really help put text, sprite and music together. Note that our writer is used to renpy and so the text will already be pre-formated a bit to help the scripter job)
- A background artist (otherwise we will just take low budget/free premade assets), to draw 5 locations (or less if the style goes well with premade assets!)
- Assistant writer: It’s not mandatory but considering the short time spawn, Wudge would like someone to help her with the writing. The assistant writer will have a very detailed outline provided for their scenes, and his work might be edited by Wudge for overall consistency.
- Item artist to draw a few important items of the game (a ring, an old journal etc.)
- Graphic artists to help with promotional assets, such as a logo creator, a video editor to make the trailer etc.

If you are interest please, send me a message in discord (
Ayael#9358
) with the position you would like and your portfolio or a sample showing your experience on the matter <3
Last edited by Ayael on Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

beehivepoesy
Tumblr: electric--blanket
itch: https://beehivepoesy

#9 Post by beehivepoesy »

Hi there!

I'm a writer looking for an artist and (possible) sound designer for this game jam to help bring my vision for a VN Dating Sim to life. This would be my second Game Jam, and with my previous project I worked on a mystery game with branching narratives and multiple endings which you can play here if interested:

https://maz-r.itch.io/the-good-time

I have also written two Twine games over the past few years which you can play here:

https://philome.la/hopelessdoodle/survi ... index.html
https://philome.la/hopelessdoodle/the-h ... index.html

I have already secured a programmer, and at the very least need an artist. Any other members who are skilled in sound design, UI and management would be very welcome to come on board! I have a full story with an introduction and three acts in mind with four love interests for the player to interact with. This might be fairly large scale to complete in a month, but we could complete a demo for the month with Act 1 and continue development after NaNoRenO if you're interested in the project!

Please feel free to PM me with interest: let's get a team together and make something fun!

EDIT: I have found an artist and programmer - a sound designer would be great to work with.
Last edited by beehivepoesy on Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neverdusk
Soundcloud: Neverdusk
itch: Neverdusk
Discord: Neverdusk#5222

#10 Post by Neverdusk »

Edit: Found a team!

Hey folks. I'm a semi-professional composer looking to join a team for NaNoRenO.

If your team needs some music, I've composed several tracks professionally for in-production VNs. I can work with anything from charming character themes to mysterious exploration music and intense chase sequence tracks. Style-wise, I have a lot of flexibility and can make quality music for whatever emotional mood you're aiming for. I also prefer to work closely with the game's designers / writers to learn about their game and come up with ways to make the music reflect and enhance it. As a bonus, I mix and master my own tracks for a polished touch and professional sound.

Otherwise, this will be my first NaNoRenO, but I've participated in 7 jams previously (5 as a composer). That includes small and large teams, and deadlines that ranged from 48 hours to 2 weeks. I've also worked on months-long game projects outside of jams, so I have experience in staying focused through longer dev cycles. Though I'm mainly interested in participating as a composer, I also have a background in game design and narrative writing, so I may be able to help out in other areas if I have time.

I'm especially hoping to join a team that's committed to reaching the 1 month finish line and believes it can produce something worth it in the end.

If you're interested, shoot me a DM and let's talk.

Discord: Neverdusk#5222
Music samples: https://soundcloud.com/neverdusk/sets/premium
Game portfolio: https://neverdusk.itch.io/
Last edited by Neverdusk on Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apentokrays
Completed: Flights of Fancy
Projects: The Lost Delinqunets of Rollings High
IRC Nick: chymesoo
Deviantart: chymesoo
itch: chymesoo
Discord: chymesoo#7918

#11 Post by apentokrays »

I'm an artist.

I can draw some simple CG and sprite, I hope to participate if possible. Can't do mecha, anthro for now.

Samples of may works :
chymesoo.deviantart.com
IG: chymesoo ; FB page:chymesoo

Previous project participated on:
Flights of Fancy (completed)

Contact me on
gmail: chymesoo13@gmail.com
discord: chymesoo#7918
Art: chymesoo.deviantart.com

For hire, just PM me or e-mail:
chymesoo13@gmail.com

Discord: chymesoo#7918

ejtanmusic
Projects: Into the Hoop, Renegade Knight, The Forgotten Void, Zodiac•Axis
Soundcloud: ejtanmusic

#12 Post by ejtanmusic »

Hey guys,

My name's EJ. I am a music composer and sound designer and I am very excited to offer up any help to a team in need of original music or audio assets.

I write music in a variety of genres but I would mainly classify my style as: orchestral/classical/chamber/solo/acoustic.

Here's a link to my music: https://soundcloud.com/ejtanmusic/sets/demo-reel

If you're interested by all means contact me via e-mail: ejtmusic@gmail.com or Discord EJ#1396 or PM. Looking forward to collaborating!

Cheers!
Eric Jeffrey Tan
Composer - Sound Designer - Musician
ejtmusic@gmail.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WWW: http://www.ejtanmusic.com
SC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ejtanmusic
FB: http://www.facebook.com/ejtanmusic
TW: http://www.twitter.com/ejtanmusic
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqvuY ... BcL8w7IEfQ

LumaShiki
Discord: LumaShiki#9270

#13 Post by LumaShiki »

Hi everyone! A bit of a late post but I thought I'd still give it a shot as it would be really nice to have this in my game. My name is Luma and im currently making a Romance/Horror game for Nanoreno! It's a dating simulator about choosing a lovely lady at a speed dating place to spend your time with. However, each girl has her own issues, and as the game progresses it will begin to illuminate the demons within that these girls are actually hiding. Most endings aren't happy, but if you're lucky enough, you just might get the girl! Or she'll get you instead...

I am the artist, programmer, and writer for the game, however, I am interested in acquiring some voice actors as well as a possible musician, UI designer. Most voices will be female, but I might have just a few male voices up my sleeve. I'm looking for all types of voices so don't be shy! All I ask is that you have a decent microphone! Musician wise, I like to give creative freedom. I'd hand you off the script with different scenes and let you have fun with whatever nice tunes you come up with! UI designer is fairly simple. All I would need from you is a nicely made UI (Buttons, text screen, etc.) and whatever else you might think will make the game look better technically speaking. I look forward to hearing from you all! If you are interested in seeing my work for confirmation or are wanting to apply to help, My Discord is LumaShiki#9270

AuthorCSR
Completed: Tints of Black, The Illness Called Love, The Devil's Alleyway
Projects: Colourful Clues
Tumblr: csrcreations
Deviantart: MonMonMouse
itch: C.S.R.
Discord: CSR Creations#6810

#14 Post by AuthorCSR »

Hello, I'm C.S.R. Creations - my group is working on Colourful Clues, a murder mystery kinetic novel set in 1940s England, inspired by the original Clue/Cluedo board game!

We have a programmer, writer, composer, voice actors, sprite artist, but we are in need of background artists!
What I would need are background images for the nine rooms from the original board game and four extra, such as, Outside Front Entrance, Bedrooms, Outside Backyard, and the Hallways. I'm OK with having more than one artist on board, and the backgrounds don't have to be super detailed.
We will mostly be convening on Discord (no need to voice chat), but I can work around whatever works best.
You can find some more information for it on the Casting Call page, but you do not need to submit through there.
I will also like to pay you for your work, so we can discuss commission prices if you'd like!
If you're interested, feel free to DM me on here, through my Discord Server, or my email csrcreates@gmail.com

If anyone is interested in helping with GUI or even sprites, that is also welcomed, though my main focus right now is just background.

Thank you for you time!

cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

#15 Post by cedes »

I'm cedes!
I'm looking to help out with as a character/sprite artist, my artwork is here https://cedesgallery.weebly.com/artwork.html

I prefer fantasy inspired themes rather modern themes!
You can contact me here or discord cedes#4649 !