Showing in-game values on Save Slots

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
TheOneWithoutAName

Showing in-game values on Save Slots

#1 Post by TheOneWithoutAName »

Hey there. I want to edit the save slots. Well, I already did with lots of help but only one part works as intended. I want to edit the save slots so that different values are displayed on them, like the current number of ingame days. So, one save slot reads that the day is day 4 and another day 6.

I just have other numbers and even one value with text that I need to add to this function. Just have no idea how I can do it.

```
$ save_name = "C u r r e n t D a y : %d" % SMain[1] #This gets activated each time the player sleeps.

-----
#This is the save button function that displays the current day.

button:
action FileAction(slot)

has vbox

add FileScreenshot(slot) xpos 1594

text FileSaveName(slot):
style "slot_save_text"
```

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Showing in-game values on Save Slots

#2 Post by Applegate »

You may have more luck asking in the coding section over the writing section. By "writing," we mean story, plot, that sort of stuff. Not...code.

TheOneWithoutAName

Re: Showing in-game values on Save Slots

#3 Post by TheOneWithoutAName »

Applegate wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:28 am You may have more luck asking in the coding section over the writing section. By "writing," we mean story, plot, that sort of stuff. Not...code.
I actually noticed my error already and did request for it to be relocated in the appropriate section even before your reply, alas nothing happened until now. Chances are I will simply post it again in the right section as nothing is happening anyway. I wanted to delete it at first too, but didn't find a delete button.