Next in Line (GxB/G) [royal romance] [giveaway]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
writingmysoul
Projects: Next in Line
itch: writingmysoul
Discord: writingmysoul#6083

Next in Line (GxB/G) [royal romance] [giveaway]

#1 Post by writingmysoul »

Originally posted last year in the Ideas forum but it's in active development, so I'm moving over here and including updated information.

Hi! It's March 2022 and I've just made some updates on the demo progress. I'm also running a $10 giveaway - head over tohttps://writingmysoul.itch.io/next-in-l ... o-progressto read about that. It's running until March 26th. My goal for the contest is to get feedback and gauge interest at this point.
Running Until March 26th
Running Until March 26th
80% of the demo script has been coded!
Description

You're next in line for the throne of Castelon, a fictional country based loosely on Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, and periods of England (along with whatever else is in my head).

Your father, the King, was assassinated less than a month ago and then your older, twin brother abdicated. Your country is reeling from its King's death and the end of a decade-long war.

Today, on your 21st birthday, you begin the timeless tradition of sharing the responsibility of running Castelon for the next year, alongside your mother, Queen Vivian. This tradition, known as The Harbinger Ceremony, is your opportunity to prove your ability to be a reliable ruler.

Prepare to step into a story about love, trust, and finding oneself. Can you navigate your royal duties, solve your father's murder, and find love at the same time? Or, will the Gods withdraw their blessing from you?

Some important characters
MC - Violet Verissimo (changeable first name)
Sir Constantine - love interest
Lady Margaret - love interest
Frederick Faramund - love interest
Prince James - MC’s brother
Queen Vivian - MC’s mother, Queen of Castelon
Oracle Davina
Lady Anna - MC’s lady in waiting & best friend

Images

I am currently in the process of creating character art references for the awesome volunteer artist who has agreed to lend her skills to the game!
Meet the MC
Meet the MC
Meet Constantine
Meet Constantine
Meet Margaret
Meet Margaret
Meet Frederick
Meet Frederick
Demo Screenshot
Demo Screenshot

What do I hope to get out of this thread?
I'm mainly posting an update. But feedback is welcome. Does this sound like a game you might play (why or why not)? I know everyone has different tastes, but did anything about the game make you more curious? Is anything here confusing / could be clarified?

If you’re reading this, thank you kindly for your time!
Demo anticipated Summer 2022 Next in Line https://writingmysoul.itch.io/next-in-line