Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town [NaNoReno 2022] [Detective] [Adventure] [Mystery] [Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
fablenovel
itch: fablenovel

Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town [NaNoReno 2022] [Detective] [Adventure] [Mystery] [Comedy]

#1 Post by fablenovel »

Hello, traveller, welcome to Hoppity Town!

A town where frogs and other animals have evolved to be as intelligent as humans. Unfortunately, developing human-like intelligence also means they have adopted their tendency to get into trouble...

But, fear not, traveller! For when things get tricky and bewildering, Detective Gidget's there to help the predicament!

In fact... she's in one right now! A mysterious thief has appeared in Hoppity Town and started robbing their citizens! Even the frog police force have their hands full! But even with these thieveries, Gidget feels like there's something more to this puzzle.

Will Gidget be able to solve the case?

Trailer

✦ ✦ ✦

FEATURING

• Frogs 🐸
  • A crested gecko
  • Around 11k+ words
  • 3 Endings (True, Normal & Bad)
  • Point & Click investigations
  • Important choices
  • Original sprites & backgrounds
  • Around 10 CGs
  • References here and there

✦ ✦ ✦

CAST

Gidget
(She/They)

Crest
(They/Them)

Croak
(He/Him)

Mrs. Lollihops
(She/Her)

✦ ✦ ✦

TRIGGER WARNINGS
  • Mild cursing
  • Mention of spider (only mentioned, it's not shown)
  • Mention of injury/being cut
  • Flash on screen

✦ ✦ ✦

CREDITS
  • YuukiPudding - Director, Co-Writer, CG Sketch, Logo, Item & Side-Character Art
  • PriKarin - Main Writer, Narrative Designer, Editor, Assistant Director
  • Marcherin - Background Artist, Hoppity Town Resident Art
  • Swyka - Sound Effects Designer

ROYALTY FREE CREDITS
Last edited by fablenovel on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy, Limbokin, Loveless on Lockdown, Aria at the Funeraria, Pusoy Dos, Jester Under Pressure, Dabbling in Drama, Iridescent Descent, Spirits of Limbo, Serial Killers Anonymous, Ferris Feels
Organization: Orca Martian Games
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice
Discord: ilyilaice

Re: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town [NaNoReno 2020] [Detective] [Adventure] [Mystery] [Comedy]

#2 Post by ilyilaice »

This looks absolutely amazing! I already added it to my "play soon" collection! I'm soooooo excited to check it out when I can. Congrats on the release!
Completed Games: Flights of Fancy (NaNoRenO 2019), Limbokin (NaNoRenO 2020), Loveless on Lockdown (NaNoRenO 2021), Aria at the Funeraria (Otome Jam 2021), Pusoy Dos (Spooktober 2021), Jester Under Pressure (NaNoRenO 2022), Dabbling in Drama (Otome Jam 2022), Iridescent Descent (Spooktober 2022), Spirits of Limbo (NaNoRenO 2023), Serial Killers Anonymous (Spooktober 2023), Ferris Feels (NaNoRenO 2024). See them all here.

fablenovel
itch: fablenovel

Re: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town [NaNoReno 2022] [Detective] [Adventure] [Mystery] [Comedy]

#3 Post by fablenovel »

ilyilaice wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:02 am This looks absolutely amazing! I already added it to my "play soon" collection! I'm soooooo excited to check it out when I can. Congrats on the release!
Thank you so much!! :D We hope you enjoy the game!! <3