[PAID][ON HOLD] SFW Furry VN looking for soundtrack composer

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
hadrianmaximus47

[PAID][ON HOLD] SFW Furry VN looking for soundtrack composer

#1 Post by hadrianmaximus47 »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a composer to create the soundtrack for my upcoming furry VN. It's a SFW story of suspense, friendship, and overcoming traumas, all bundled up in a fictional world where each character has an aspect that shows off their intentions and feelings.

I would like to hire someone for the entire soundtrack and would prefer a "light" rock theme, the type you hear in anime intros. My budget for the entire soundtrack is 300$, but I would be willing to go higher if the quality is very good. This would mean about eight to ten 1-minute tracks that loop, so I would be interested in having fade-ins and fade-outs for each of them to transition them nicely.

You will get a few chapters from the story to get an idea about it and be able to decide for yourself what the best music line is. I will have the first RenPy build ready, together with the main menu animation and UI design, in a few weeks. I would like to talk to someone about all of this in more detail and maybe get some input on what the VN should sound like.

And last but not least, I would really like to find someone who is interested in my project for what it is rather than just a quick buck.

Thanks for reading :)

You can find me on discord: Hadrian Maximus#2595.
Last edited by hadrianmaximus47 on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeteoXavier

Re: [PAID][OPEN] SFW Furry VN looking for soundtrack composer

#2 Post by MeteoXavier »

I tried sending a PM, but it came back in a weird way. I'll try Discord then.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

hadrianmaximus47 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:01 pmThis would mean about eight to ten 1-minute tracks that loop, so I would be interested in having fade-ins and fade-outs for each of them to transition them nicely.
Regarding this - I might be misunderstanding what you're saying here, but if you're wanting the tracks to loop, they shouldn't be fading in and out. A looped track has the end of the track play seamlessly into the beginning. If you're wanting to fade the tracks out when the music changes, Ren'Py can do that.

PurpleMind
Regular
Completed: I contributed to 22 visual novels so far!
Projects: Kosmos Connections, Black Heaven, The Inn Between, Sugar Service, Driftwood, The Glass Coffin, Heart Agency
Discord: Marek Domagała#1778

#4 Post by PurpleMind »

Hi, I messaged you on Discord. :)
Zelan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:51 pm
hadrianmaximus47 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:01 pmThis would mean about eight to ten 1-minute tracks that loop, so I would be interested in having fade-ins and fade-outs for each of them to transition them nicely.
Regarding this - I might be misunderstanding what you're saying here, but if you're wanting the tracks to loop, they shouldn't be fading in and out. A looped track has the end of the track play seamlessly into the beginning. If you're wanting to fade the tracks out when the music changes, Ren'Py can do that.
Zelan brought up a very good point. There are different ways to loop; fade-ins and fade-outs are just one way of achieving that (and usually not ideal). What is generally the most desirable is having a seamless loop ("non-stop music" without fades), which then would need a fade-in coded when the track first starts playing – this is done really easily in the Ren'Py engine. This whole technique ensures that the music comes in smoothly, and the loop itself doesn't have any abrupt moments which are clear to the listener, because those break immersion.

MarkusLappalainen
Regular
Completed: Several short films and games (including VNs)
Projects: A feature film, a short film and my own music
Organization: Audio Cabin from the North
Soundcloud: Markus Lappalainen

#5 Post by MarkusLappalainen »

I sent you a friend request on Discord! In case you haven't settled yet on a composer yet.
Have a happy day! 8)
- Markus Lappalainen, composer & music consultant
Scoring Portfolio