[WIP] Thinking (recruiting a lot of people)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
IxIoN
Regular
Projects: Thinking

[WIP] Thinking (recruiting a lot of people)

#1 Post by IxIoN »

BLOG LINK: http://thinkingdev.wordpress.com/ All the updates will be included there from now on.

Genres: Suspense, Romance, Mystery, Violence.

Summary:

What would you do if you could do things over and over again, no matter how many mistakes you make?

I would have repeated everything until I corrected all my mistakes. But even if I repair my mistakes, they are still present; lost in the depths of my memories. Little by little, I start to remember my life, my memories... But they look foreign to me. I feel like I am new to this world, as if I've just been born.

So now that you have heard my situation, now that you know what I've been though, tell me... What would you do if you were in my place? What would you do if you were living in this child-like dream?

Because, I am now trapped in this dream, but I don't know what to do...

Episode progress:

Script: 20%
Proofread: 0% (woot)
Backgrounds: 100% (in need of real BGs)
Music: 100%
Characters design: 0%. Sketches done.

I don't know how many episodes there will be.

I can say that I have the story for 3 episodes, each one like... 5 hours long maybe? And I'm still not done with the story.
By the way, my intention with this game is make reader use a lot logic to solve the story. It WILL be twisted and a little complicated, but in the end all will be clear, I can say that for sure.

Staff:

Story, writing and chief: IxIoN
Main artist: Aka-kami
Proofreaders: Aurelia-Aurora
Music compositors: Roy Todd, XFilmz, Yengidaku, Amppiworks... Will be adding them little by little.
Writing assistants: Aiurax
Art assistants: juryia
Background artists:
Programmers:

Characters:

Haruo: He's a really calm person, sometimes considered an idiot when it comes to the topic of relationships. Can be very determined if the situation asks for it, but he's mostly insecure.
haruoneutral.png
"Life can do really painful things to you, but that's what makes it fun."

Haruka: Description is coming soon.
harukaregularsmile.png
Harumi: A quiet girl who suddenly arrives at the town. At first sight, people usually say that she's shy. But they don't realize that she's actually really cold. The first one to find out is Haruo...
harumisinister.png
"People close to you will vanish and die. But don't worry, this is just a game."

Alice: A girl who only appears a few times to Haruo. She seems to know something, and she's willing to say what it is, but he's too scared to ask about it.
alicecreepysmile.png
"This is my World."

Kazuhiko: Haruo's best friend, a popular guy with the girls. He's actually a pervert but nobody in school knows about that.
kazusmile.png
"If everyone's lying to me, I don't care. After all, I'm lying to myself too."

Demo V. 2 Released. Download Links:

Windows:
http://www.mediafire.com/?e0hmwzwkywq

Mac:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymeeyyeeymu

Linux:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kytdn2yqkyz
Last edited by IxIoN on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 47 times in total.
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

Re: Shikouryoku Demo

#2 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Intriguing.
Good teaser,
it makes me want to read more.
You should really try to find a critique partner to proof-read your work and correct the spelling mistakes though.

The music is really good.
Is it original to your project or did it come from another source?

Just curious, why wouldn't you include character sprites?
Is it because of lack of artist or aesthetic choice?
Live Life Heroically

IxIoN
Regular

#3 Post by IxIoN »

Well, I will put a recruiting topic to find a proofreader and a person that can do the sprites (my drawings suck).

About the music, I found them around the internet, they weren't quite popular though.
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

Aurelia-Aurora
Regular
Projects: Learning Japanese VN

#4 Post by Aurelia-Aurora »

*Puts hands on Proofeader*

At your service.
Currently Working On One (1) Game
Story: 100%
Sprites: 25%
Script: 17%
Programming: 0%
Characters: 95%
Event CGs: 0%
Backgrounds: 0%

IxIoN
Regular

#5 Post by IxIoN »

Umm sorry. I just found someone to be a proofreader and I was going to edit the topic right now. Still, I don't know if only one proofreader is enough. I will contact you if more help is needed. Thank you for applying :D
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

AllegroDiRossi
Regular

#6 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

It's generally better to have more than one proofreader. No one person will ever catch everything. The more eyes you have combing through your work, the better.

And an easy way to compare those multiple proofread documents is to use a content collaborator like http://www.textflow.com, my personal choice for reviewing corrections.
Live Life Heroically

IxIoN
Regular

#7 Post by IxIoN »

hmm I see. Well, yeah I'm a newbie at all this. Thanks for the advice. Then it means: Aurelia-Aurora welcome :B right?
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

Corphix
Projects: SS: POGCE

Re: [WIP] Shikouryoku

#8 Post by Corphix »

Should be fun! Just let me know when your ready to have the script read!
This is my fancy signature. Deal with it.

IxIoN
Regular

#9 Post by IxIoN »

Sorry for being quite for a while. Real life... XD.

Well now, I tried looking for an artist in /jp/ and /a/, and they only laughted to me :x Those people are only sick people so whatever. They said that my story was shit and all... I don't feel like writting right now because of that.

Well I will rub it in their faces when they see how awesome the story is.
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

AllegroDiRossi
Regular

#10 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Don't even bother with 4chan. The people there abuse the concept of internet anonymity beyond any sort of acceptable means and will say any offensive thing that crosses their mind.

And its advisable to continue writing despite that frustration. If you can channel that anger into your writing, you'll surprise yourself by how good you can make it. Powerful emotion makes for powerful inspiration.
Live Life Heroically

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#11 Post by netravelr »

AllegroDiRossi wrote: If you can channel that anger into your writing, you'll surprise yourself by how good you can make it. Powerful emotion makes for powerful inspiration.
Man, I don't know if it was just me; but I kinda imagined your voice speaking like the Emperor from Star Wars.

But anyways, you've definitely got a good start. I'd suggest copy-pasting your script into Word and seeing if you can fix the spelling/grammar mistakes. I'd suggest to just keep working on the project. Use placeholder art if you must have art at all, but if you have a good game I'm sure someone'll help you out. And if not and you really love your project, there's always commissions. :-)
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

IxIoN
Regular

#12 Post by IxIoN »

Well yeah, I'm writing very slowly, but I redid the prologue completely.

Now, I REALLY need an artist.

Details about the artists:

Haruo: He will have a face because at some point in the story the narration will change of point of view and he will appear. He looked at himself as a loser, but don't draw him like a loser, because he don't look like it at all. Long story so I will stop.

Harumi: She have to look cold. Example:

Like the girl with black hair that is turning the back to you.

Some girl that I will not say who she is because it would spoilers: She is a little girl. It would be good if she look like Ilya from Fate. She will be more important than Harumi later.

Kazuhiko: Some cool guy face like Chiaki from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

The guy at the left.

That's it for now. Maybe more characters will be introduced in the next episodes.
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

IxIoN
Regular

Re: [WIP] Thinking (artist needed.)

#13 Post by IxIoN »

Name changed to Thinking. It's the translation of the old one...
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#14 Post by Aka-kami »

I'm downloading the prologue right now.

I could offer to be an artist for you, but it all depends if I find the game interesting. :)

I'll let you know when i finish reading the prologue.

[EDIT]

It's good. But you said before that you re-wrote the prologue? Uhm, it would be great if you could show us this.

I'm willing to work as an artist for free, but i work at my own pace so don't expect me to have character art done in a week. You can look at some of my work here.

NOTE: i have exams next week, so I won't be able to do character art until about March 12 or so.
See ya.

IxIoN
Regular

#15 Post by IxIoN »

Yeah, I "re-wrote" it, but not that much. I only ended in a different way so it can go at a normal pace. I couldn't help but think that the previous version was too rushed.

I saw you art and I really like some of them. You have somehow the style of my novel. Kind of gore or psyco. Some badass guys too. And finally there's someone willing to help me :D Yeah, I like it. Accepted. But I only have a question. How well you draw the girls? There's no girl in there XP
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking