Menu Buttons on Screen

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Fang-tan
Regular

Menu Buttons on Screen

#1 Post by Fang-tan »

This is a really idiotic question I used the recipe for placing buttons on screen but could someone show me how to move the buttons to beneath where the text shows up instead of on the side and how to add images to them? Whenever I try to move them, they start overlapping and it looks really weird.

Thanks. orz
"I've heard that villains who go soft and then crazy are pretty popular these days, right?
Even sooo, I've studied a lot of manga, anime and galge that have been popular, you seeee?" - Beatrice, Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Loli Salad~ Music, Doujin, Touhou, Umineko and Anime
(previously I was Hashihime~)

Shake0615
Regular

Re: Menu Buttons on Screen

#2 Post by Shake0615 »

Use ui.imagebutton instead of ui.textbutton to make them images. To make them across the bottom, change the part that says

Code: Select all

ui.hbox(xpos=0.99, ypos=0.98, xanchor='right', yanchor='bottom')
to

Code: Select all

ui.vbox(xpos=0.99, ypos=0.98, xanchor='right', yanchor='bottom')
Then just play with the values. That should do the trick.