Celestial Crowns: A medieval fantasy VN [GxB][BxB][Optional NSFW][Coming soon to Kickstarter!]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Celestial Crowns: A medieval fantasy VN [GxB][BxB][Optional NSFW][Coming soon to Kickstarter!]

#1 Post by minyan »

Celestial Crowns is a fantasy/romance visual novel with optional NSFW scenes. Customize your character, go to war, learn magic, and so much more!

Set in a world where they worship the stars, play as the newly crowned Ruling Monarch of the kingdom of Lauté. In ancient times, the Royals were masters of the elements with the ability to spellcraft that made people believe they were gods. Nowadays, the ability has faded with misuse, and the only Royal left known to have this ability is King Aalam of Andromeda. With your kingdom on unsteady ground after your father's recent assassination, this dangerous King with magic beyond comprehension has an offer you can’t ignore:

Accept his hand in marriage, or go to war.

Follow the project on Kickstarter to be notified when it goes live! The demo and the steam page will both go live when the Kickstarter does on May 6. As Lemmasoft rules require a demo to link to Kickstarter games, I'll update the link then!

Commit to pledging now to get a free keychain when you back the project in May! More details here.

Home page
itch.io page
Steam page (coming soon!)
Twitter
Tumblr

Anyone interested in early access to the demo for reviews or streams, reach out to harlevinvns@gmail.com.

Terra (name changeable) has just been named the new Monarch of the Kingdom of Lauté after their father the King was assassinated. Shortly after this, they receive a letter from the neighboring King of Andromeda. Andromeda is a notoriously ruthless kingdom and their King is said to be just as violent and appalling. As two previous King's were assassinated before him, the King of Andromeda remains in his castle, allowing no one outside to see his face. The only thing known about him is that he is the last Royal capable of the ancient art of spellcrafting.

The King's letter gives Terra an ultimatum: They must accept his hand in marriage, or prepare for war.

Terra quickly leans on their advisor, Lune, and their General, Sahi, as they try to figure out how to handle this situation and what to do moving forward. War is a frightening prospect, because if the King of Andromeda can spellcraft, then their army doesn't stand a chance. Unless Terra themself can figure out the secret to this long dead magic...

There are 3 love interests:

Sahi: The childhood friend who's hopelessly in love with you. (Aka the cinnamon roll)
Aalam: The mysterious King who wants your hand in marriage. (Aka the himbo)
Lune: Your trusted advisor, who honestly doesn't like you all that much. (Aka the tsundere)

Celestial Crowns is a story-based visual novel with stat-building elements. You can customize your character, choosing between 2 body options, and picking pronouns from he/she/they.

There are 9 "stats" in the form of personality traits.

3 Strengths: Confident, practical, witty
3 Flaws: Impulsive, naive, spoiled
3 Ruling styles: Aggressive, gentle, strategic

Different love interests will appreciate different traits. There can be anywhere from 2-9 options in a choice menu based on these personality traits for an immersive roleplaying experience.

Some choices will be locked if you don't have enough of that particular stats. Other choices will have all options available so there are plenty of opportunities to increase stats.

💖 3 love interests
✒️ Estimated 270-300K words
🔥 Optional NSFW scenes
🎭 Character customization
🎶 Original OST
🗣️ Voice acting (if Kickstarter stretch goals are reached)
📖 9 endings (bad, good, best for each LI)

• The demo is complete and consists of the prologue (57K words).
    The demo is missing 2 backgrounds and has placeholder assets. It also has placeholder music.
    The 1st draft of Aalam's route is complete (60K words).
Writing will continue but the rest of the art and other assets will be on hold until the end of the Kickstarter. If successfull I will be able to afford the rest of the assets to make this game a reality. Including voice acting!

Sprites, Design, Writing - Harlevin (@CapMinyan)

Editing - Leah (@Averxy)

Editing, reward design - Anim8dn8

CGs, cover photo - Erupan (@ErupanGalactic)

BGs - Saffiene (@saffiene_)

Music - FaeFeld Productions (@Faefield_P)

Sound design - Slaleky (@Slaleky)

About me:

Hello Lemmasoft, it's been a while since I posted about a new game here! For those that don't know me my name is Min and I've been making VNs for a while now. I went on a long hiatus due to some serious imposter syndrome issues, wasn't feeling confident in myself, but I'm back trying again. This is the biggest commercial project I've ever gone for so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

For anyone who's been following Arena Circus, that project is on hiatus while I work on this one, but I plan to go back once it's complete. Arena Circus was what made me stop in the first place. I wanted to start something new to try and get my mojo back, and raise funds to keep working on the game so AC can remain free.

Next up will be posts with more info about the love interests!

(Forgot I already had a post up, sorry for the double post!)

Last edited by minyan on Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Re: Celestial Crowns: A medieval fantasy VN [GxB][BxB][Optional NSFW][Coming soon to Kickstarter!]

#2 Post by minyan »

Just updated the post with some more info!
ImageImage