[Solved] Steam Cloud Directories for MacOS and Linux?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
SypherZent
Veteran
Completed: Multiverse Heroes, Space Hamster in Turmoil

[Solved] Steam Cloud Directories for MacOS and Linux?

#1 Post by SypherZent »

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can help me with the directories for Cloud integration on Steam.
I have a functional example for Windows:

Format is Root -- Subdirectory

WinAppDataRoaming -- RenPy/(Game Name)
App Install Directory -- (Build Name)/game/saves

^ These settings work for Windows OS in order to save the files in the Roaming directory as well as the local saves stored in the App Install directory.

Now, I do not have experience with Steam Cloud on Mac or Linux. I don't know how they handle Roaming, nor what directories to store on the cloud for those platforms. Can anyone who has experience with this please provide the Root -- Subdirectory information for MacOS / Linux? If you can also share your Windows Root -- Subdirectory information (for both Roaming and App Install directories) so that I can compare, it would really help me understand the Mac/Linux ones, too.
Last edited by SypherZent on Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zetsubou
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: See my signature
Github: koroshiya
itch: zetsuboushita

Re: Steam Cloud Directories for MacOS and Linux?

#2 Post by Zetsubou »

Check out the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65578&p=558114&hili ... ud#p556177
My first answer covers Windows and Linux, the second covers MacOS.
That should give you a cross-platform cloud sync in Steam for all 3 platforms.
Finished games
-My games: Sickness, Wander No More, Max Massacre, Humanity Must Perish, Tomboys Need Love Too, Sable's Grimoire, My Heart Grows Fonder, Man And Elf, A Dragon's Treasure, An Adventurer's Gallantry
-Commissions: No One But You, Written In The Sky, Diamond Rose, To Libertad, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails

Working on:
Sable's Grimoire 2

https://zetsubou.games

SypherZent
Veteran
Completed: Multiverse Heroes, Space Hamster in Turmoil

Re: [Solved] Steam Cloud Directories for MacOS and Linux?

#3 Post by SypherZent »

Thank you, Zetsubou! Based on your information and the information in options.rpy I was able to set everything up.
Creator of Multiverse Heroes & Space Hamster in Turmoil

Want me to code your game?
Check my services thread!