Windy Meadow [Slice-of-Life] [Fantasy] [Pixel art]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Aureus
Veteran
Completed: The Tavern, Tales From Windy Meadow
Projects: Roadwarden
Organization: Moral Anxiety Studio
itch: moral-anxiety

Windy Meadow [Slice-of-Life] [Fantasy] [Pixel art]

#1 Post by Aureus »

Greetings, dear forum.

5 years ago I released a game. It had many flaws. I couldn't pull it off - yet.
Now I'm going to make it right.

Windy Meadow - tales of 3 young people facing difficult choices, set in a village from the fantasy world of Roadwarden. Coming (very) soon.

And you can add it to your wishlist on Steam!
screenshot0.png
Over the span of this 3-hour game, you navigate 3 distinctive characters lost among complex relationships and difficult choices.

Vena, the huntress, has an opportunity to take a lucrative job for the city merchants, and to leave her home for years to come. Before she decides what to do next, she needs to figure out her relationship with her over controlling father, and learn what it is that she truly wants from her life.
Fabel, the storyteller, is struggling with a difficult past, and the limitations it puts on him as he tries to pursue his dream of becoming a bard. Before he makes his final decision, he needs to figure out what’s more important to him - trying to satisfy his audience, or staying true to his own passion.
Iudicia, the herbalist, has agreed to marry a man she feels safe with, but whom she doesn’t love. Being an outsider her entire life, she now needs to decide if she’d rather sacrifice a part of herself to get closer to others, or embrace her anger and follow her instincts.
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png
Thanks to all sorts of updates across the board - from massive rewrites, new scenes, updated visuals, to the most basic UI redesigns - I’m convinced the game has truly leveled up as an experience.
screenshot3.png
screenshot4.png
I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. To me, reimagining an entire, old project is an exciting journey.
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Aureus
Veteran

Re: Windy Meadow [Slice-of-Life] [Fantasy] [Pixel art]

#2 Post by Aureus »

My first screenshot Saturday for new Windy Meadow!
sss1.png
sss2.png
sss3.png
sss4.png
Tales From Windy Meadow - slice of life, pixel art Visual Novel set in a fantasy village. now available on Steam.

Aureus
Veteran

Re: Windy Meadow [Slice-of-Life] [Fantasy] [Pixel art]

#3 Post by Aureus »

Aaaand Windy Meadow has been released! In the near future, I hope to publish an extensive post-mortem article about the changes between this version of the game, and the previous one. : )