Making a multiplayer Ren'Py game?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Nero
Veteran

Making a multiplayer Ren'Py game?

#1 Post by Nero »

Anyone here have any experience of making multiplayer based game in Ren'Py? So I want to do a basic thing like making 2 players being able to click on the screen and move slide for example? Note that I have never had any experience with multiplayer coding so I'm not sure if I'm asking for very difficult thing.

It was mentioned in 2008. so I think it's little bit outdated.

Code: Select all

init python:
    def multiplayerInteraction():
        x = True
        while x:
            # Disable player 2 to interact
            # Enable player 1 to interact
            renpy.say(None,"Player 1 click")
            # Disable player 1 to interact
            # Enable player 2 to interact
            renpy.say(None,"Player 2 click")

label start:
    $ multiplayerInteraction()

Alex
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Making a multiplayer Ren'Py game?

#2 Post by Alex »

What do you mean by 'multiplayer'?
If you need two players hit keys on one computer to operate game then it can be done in part where game react on key presses.

Nero
Veteran

#3 Post by Nero »

Oh sorry Alex, I expressed myself the wrong way. I meant online over the internet over 2 computers by IP address (or maybe some other way)

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Andredron »

I've seen a bunch of extensions, but they're all on 2.7 python. And many of them are no longer relevant. For example cops and bandits, where two of them are running around like Dum and chatting on the internal chat.

Internal chat is not relevant, there is discord. And the two of them on the grid... This is a perversion to do full on renpy) godot or unity are more suited to this as engines. You can do it on the renpy, but as my friend said, life is too short to create a site in assembly language. It's the same here.

Video chips where from the Internet to download and rating from the site, but it is very easy to hack