Launch Project Failing...sometimes...

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Spenny

Launch Project Failing...sometimes...

#1 Post by Spenny »

When I am working in Ren'Py (8.1, windows 10) when i hit Launch Project, 9/10 times it attempts to open, then closes immediately, failing to ever launch. I have turned off all anti virus software, added exceptions, and tried rebooting. It appears to be at random. Sometime if I click through to a different screen (like Update) then cancel it that helps but no always.

I sought assistance on the discord and troubleshooting this issue has come to a standstill.

This not only happens with my projects, but also the internal ones such as "The Question."

Can anyone assist me with why this continues to happen to me. Thanks in advance.

Ocelot
Lemma-Class Veteran
Github: MiiNiPaa
Discord: MiiNiPaa#4384

Re: Launch Project Failing...sometimes...

#2 Post by Ocelot »

Do you have latest graphic card drivers?
< < insert Rick Cook quote here > >

Spenny

#3 Post by Spenny »

Yes I do. Also running a RTX 3090 Ti.

Spenny

#4 Post by Spenny »

I completely wiped my computer, reinstalled clean version of windows, and this issue still persists. Randomly throwing ntdll.dll error.

Spenny

#5 Post by Spenny »

OK...soooooo

I decided that maybe it actually had nothing to do with me, or my computer and downloaded Ren'Py 8.0.3

So far no issues.

It would appear that this issue exists within Ren'Py 8.1 so this may be a bug that needs to be looked at. Will report back if the issue arises in 8.0.3.