Super Natural Dorm [Demo][Comedy][Supernatural][Romance 16+]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AkiNYA
Tumblr: akinya7
Discord: .akinya

Super Natural Dorm [Demo][Comedy][Supernatural][Romance 16+]

#1 Post by AkiNYA »

Warning: Most of the game resources weren't translated at this moment.
Name: Super Natural Dorm
Gengre: Comedy, Mystic, Romance.
Synopsis:
Kirsa is a young girl that finished school and was sent by her mother to uncle in another town. They didn't meet each over for а long time. But after arriving Kirsa discovered that her uncle was strongly changed, got older and addicted to beer. But more importantly he rents out rooms to not humans but to different supernatural creatures that live under one roof and try adapting in human society.
The world that the young girl was going to explore turned out to be not as simple as she thought. And now Kirsa has to get along with unusual new friends, find out why her uncle unexpectedly cut ties, and who else is hiding in the shadows.

The demo will include the first day, getting to know all the residents of the dorm and etc.
The duration will be about 1-1.5 hours.
English translation in the plans.

Features of the full version:
- Rating 16+
- The plot structure of the novel will be linear. The full version will include 21 game days, including the first day.
- Players will be able to read the character arches in any order. Every arches include three parts, and there are 6 of these arches in total: Kassandra, Mikel, Raymond and Ariana, Berislava, Oliver and Viktor. In parallel, the players will go through the main plot, where together with Kirsa they will solve the mystery of her uncle.
- Despite pretty the linear structure, the player will be given a choice of 4 romantic interests: Kassandra, Mikel, Raymond, Berislava. At the end of first day player will choose one of them or choose none. After picking up someone for romantic line in the next days in the arches of chosen character will be choices in different situation. The “right” choices will let player to read more extra scenes from the main menu and after all 21 days will appear special “meeting” before the ending.
- Yes. One Ending. Instead of variability, the emphasis will be placed on a well-developed plot and revealed characters.
(Remark: Actually the emphasis has already placed on all of this because I had hard analysis on what I want to do before starts the actual work(Will it come out well - we will see after the demo is released))
- Replayability of the other romantic line is still in question. Most likely, this will be implemented through skipping already viewed scenes.
Character Info:
Some examples of dialogue, sprite in game, mini sg, bg and etc.

Main menu
Translations: "Start game", "Load game", "Preferences", "Gallery", "About the game", "Exit".
The progress of demo on this moment:
Text: 100%
Programming part: 70%
BG: 20%
Sprites: 30%
CG: 13%
Music: 0%
Sound: 0%
Translation: 0%

Questions for you:
- First of all, sorry for bad English! I've tried to do my best with my knowledge and a few translators.
- Actually, i don't have really big questions for everyone. I just wanna share my project with people.
- Maybe you've already character that interest you and i can share more information about them without hard spoilers for the plot of demo and full version.

AkiNYA

Re: Super Natural Dorm [Demo][Comedy][Supernatural][Romance 16+]

#2 Post by AkiNYA »

Heyo everyone! I'll try to do posts regularly about the progress, but for this moment I do a lot of work by myself (omg one person project lol)
For this moment I did almost all GUI stuff like menus, preferences and save/load screen. Gallery and "About the game" didn't finish because I want to do it after 80% or about work with graphics of story will done.
Like you can notice the texts in the game aren't translate but in plan i definitely will translate in English. Do this by myself or i'll find a more competent person that i can afford is another question xD
For the music i have person that probably will do ost for the novell but that's not sure for this moment, unfortunately.
I'll do later more post about progress because i have more stuff to share~

AkiNYA

Re: Super Natural Dorm [Demo][Comedy][Supernatural][Romance 16+]

#3 Post by AkiNYA »

Here's some BG that i've already drawn (not the final versions, i'll add some details later like some stuff behind the shop windows and etc.):

And here's a compilation of sprites that are done:

Choose your mood from Kirsa's emotional haha :D

You can notice that i used mini CG insted of full screen pictures. Mini versions will be a lot, but the full size versions would be too but only 1 or 2, like in the most significant scenes.
Here's some base that i figure out but i'm sure it will be more. Wanna experiment with it and do frames like from the comic.

Image Image Image

And i've contacted with friend that is ready to do ost for novel. We figure out some first track to understand can we work together. So maybe i'll send you in the future some examples!
Take care, everone~