Problem with SDK "play-services-ads" and Messages "GDPR". I'm using Admob Tutorial

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
stwkun
Regular
Organization: Stw Projects

Problem with SDK "play-services-ads" and Messages "GDPR". I'm using Admob Tutorial

#1 Post by stwkun »

Hello everyone, I've been using the admob tutorial to generate a small income publishing games on googleplay while saving for a bigger project. recently the abmod and googleplay platforms began to send alerts that should be resolved soon.

1- This is the alert about play-services-ads

Code: Select all

com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads-lite:17.2.0
This SDK version has been reported as outdated. Upgrade to a newer version (19.3.0+).

Starting from August 7, 2023 00:00 (UTC) you won't be able to release new versions which contain this SDK version.

com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:17.2.0
This SDK version has been reported as outdated. Upgrade to a newer version (19.3.0+).

This SDK version has a note from the SDK developer. Here's what the SDK developer told us:

This version is officially deprecated, and will soon disable ad loading. Please update to a new version. See https://developers.google.com/admob/android/deprecation for more details.

Starting from August 7, 2023 00:00 (UTC) you won't be able to release new versions which contain this SDK version.
I tried to change the values of the play-services but the application cannot be created in android studios.

2- This alert that appears in admob is about creating GDPR messages

Code: Select all

Later this year, Google will require all publishers serving ads to EEA and UK users to use a Google-certified Consent Management Platform (CMP). You can use any Google-certified CMP for this purpose, including Google's own consent management solution. If you are interested in using Google's consent management solution, start by setting up your GDPR message and implementing the UMP SDK. Learn more
In this second alert I understand that the message must be included within the application

I hope someone is aware of these problems and thus find a solution soon.

I am using the latest versions of renpy

and this is the tutorial i used about admob

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=36030