[FOUND!] Looking for a Canadian Programming Mentor

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
placidpaper
Discord: placidpaper

[FOUND!] Looking for a Canadian Programming Mentor

#1 Post by placidpaper »

EDIT: Found one, thank you everyone!

Hi all, I'm a Canadian high school student! I've been been searching for a mentor for a Capstone project I need to complete for a graduation requirement.

The project I specifically had in mind was creating a visual novel with Ren'Py. I already have some experience with the program, and I've also already created a few projects of my own. Though they aren't incredibly professional by any means, I would be happy to show you a couple that I've posted on itch.io!

The main thing I would need your guidance with would be designing the GUI. Becoming more fluent in screen language and styles would be incredibly valuable for this project and any similar ones I plan to take on.

If this is something that appeals to you, you'll need to connect with me at least 6 times throughout the duration of the entire year-long project, for about 10 minutes each. My teacher has stated that both face-to-face and online are fine for interactions. I would also like to stress that this would be unpaid volunteering, though the actual work I would expect you to do is minimal. Our meetings would most likely consist of me occasionally coming to you with queries, rather than you leading me through the whole thing. I would also need you to fill out a mentorship agreement, volunteer application, and criminal record check.

If you have any experience with Ren'Py, visual novels, or game design in general and happen to live in Canada, feel free to send me a DM! My Discord username is "placidpaper".