A Legend of an Ancient Evil [Occult] [Cosmic Horror] [Demo] [Free]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

A Legend of an Ancient Evil [Occult] [Cosmic Horror] [Demo] [Free]

#1 Post by Der Tor »

I am working on a short, story driven horror visual novel (or to be more precise it's probably gonna end up staying a kinetic novel, though I am not ruling out adding some choices later on).

Maybe not really horror but very dark and atmospheric. Cosmic Horror would probably be the most appropriate label. I have already made several games like that in the past that you can see on my Itch page. As the name and genre suggests, it's about an ancient, metaphysical, unfathomable evil and ancient occult societies.

That's really the best way to describe it. So instead of continuing to try and describe the indescribable, I'm just going to show you the really early and unfinished (and therefore still relatively short) but playable/readable beta version. It's just to give a better idea of what to expect and it is still far from finished, so I am still looking for help in all aspects - I am especially looking for an artist, as I am not very good at drawing and so had to rely on AI to turn my really bad concept drawings into a style that's more fitting for a horror game. I am not happy about using any AI, but until I find an affordable artist, I don*t know how else to do it.

You can already find it on Itch now:
https://emmanuel-goldstein.itch.io/a-le ... cient-evil

_
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-07-20 23-06-39.png
Screenshot from 2023-07-20 23-10-21.png
Screenshot from 2023-07-20 00-42-43.png

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: A Legend of an Ancient Evil [Occult] [Cosmic Horror] [Demo] [Free]

#2 Post by Der Tor »

I am still working on it, so I guess it should be moved to the main WiP section, cause it's been much more than 2 months of development now. And I am also still really looking for an artist. Using some AI was okay in the very beginning, but now I would kinda need a real artist anyway cause the AI isn't able to handle some of the more specific aspects. I don't have much money since it's not a commercial game (well, pay what you want on Itch) but I can offer SOME money to a potential artist, just not a lot.