Facing it - A Visual Novel About Loss (made for O2A2)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Epschy
Completed: Facing It, Ghoulish Party
Projects: Death by Overwork
itch: epschy

Facing it - A Visual Novel About Loss (made for O2A2)

#1 Post by Epschy »

Hey! Just passing by to spread my micro visual novel, an entry to the O2A2 2023 game jam!

Facing It: A visual novel about loss.

It is playable through your browser as well as available for download for PC at itch.io!
Will you lose the opportunity to play it?

Play it now! https://epschy.itch.io/facing-it

Tenshi-Yoru
Regular
Completed: Sprint down memory lane
Projects: Synthetizing Love (ongoing)
Tumblr: tenshi-yoru
itch: tenshi-yoru
Discord: tenshiyoru

Re: Facing it - A Visual Novel About Loss (made for O2A2)

#2 Post by Tenshi-Yoru »

I played the game and despite not being able to sympathize with the character's emotions (it seems that others have, so it must be a personal thing), I loved the idea of using simple backgrounds. It allows you to focus solely on the text and what it is trying to convey. Given you decided to focus on such heavy subjects like loss and grief, it was a brilliant idea.

There are a lot of grammatical errors, which often distracted me, and some UI issues too. I suggest you review the dialogues or ask someone to proofread for you, and also to make the text box bigger so that the text doesn't go outside of it sometimes.

All in all, you did a really good job with the limitations given by the jam. Congrats!
Check out my Itch.io account to see my games and visual novel assets!
ImageImage

Epschy
Completed: Facing It, Ghoulish Party
Projects: Death by Overwork
itch: epschy

#3 Post by Epschy »

Tenshi-Yoru wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:40 am I played the game and despite not being able to sympathize with the character's emotions (it seems that others have, so it must be a personal thing), I loved the idea of using simple backgrounds. It allows you to focus solely on the text and what it is trying to convey. Given you decided to focus on such heavy subjects like loss and grief, it was a brilliant idea.

There are a lot of grammatical errors, which often distracted me, and some UI issues too. I suggest you review the dialogues or ask someone to proofread for you, and also to make the text box bigger so that the text doesn't go outside of it sometimes.

All in all, you did a really good job with the limitations given by the jam. Congrats!
Thank you so, so much for your feedback and for playing the game!!!

I apologize for the grammar mistakes and I'm sorry they have compromised your experience. English is not my first language, y'know...
But I will make sure to have someone proofreading and correcting the grammar mistakes and I guess I'll have to study a bit for my self as well—there's no escaping 😅

I also took note on the textbook issue and I'm glad you liked the background!

Thank you!!

Tenshi-Yoru
Regular
Completed: Sprint down memory lane
Projects: Synthetizing Love (ongoing)
Tumblr: tenshi-yoru
itch: tenshi-yoru
Discord: tenshiyoru

#4 Post by Tenshi-Yoru »

Epschy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:32 pm Thank you so, so much for your feedback and for playing the game!!!

I apologize for the grammar mistakes and I'm sorry they have compromised your experience. English is not my first language, y'know...
But I will make sure to have someone proofreading and correcting the grammar mistakes and I guess I'll have to study a bit for my self as well—there's no escaping 😅

I also took note on the textbook issue and I'm glad you liked the background!

Thank you!!
It's not my first language either so don't worry, I didn't mean to be too harsh, I'm just picky about grammar mistakes (especially when I'm the one making them!) and I pay way too much attention to them but many others don't. Usually it's the content that counts, which your game has.

I'm sure your next game will be even better, good luck!
Check out my Itch.io account to see my games and visual novel assets!
ImageImage