Any plans for updating/upgrading ATL?

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
Dark79
Regular

Any plans for updating/upgrading ATL?

#1 Post by Dark79 »

I just want to ask if there will be any future plans for ATL. Overall I like how ATL works just there are couple of things that makes it a bit restrictive unless you are good with python.

1. ATL can be modified once it is generated:
Ability to change values like (x,y)pos,(x,y)align positioning, pause,linear,ease(in,out) timers and etc. When they need to be changed especially if using on "repeat" for example "linear 5.0 xpos renpy.random randint(1,100)" to change xpos value on every repeat sequence. I know you can change in a python ATL function, but if using linear, easein, easeout and so on together with a position setting, this makes it difficult to implement within python unless you are good with python of course.

2. Have conditional statements in ATL:
This one is not so important as the first one in my opinion since you can tell which ATL to use in Screens with conditional statements and ConditionSwitch for images, but I guess like if the image is moving in a linear path and if there is a conditional change, whatever the new transform properties might be after the conditional statement, it should save the last know position from the linear path previously and continue with the new transform properties if the new conditions are met.

By all means I know this might be impossible to implement any time soon or if it is even possible to begin with as how ATL currently works. Just I wish there was more fluent control with ATL like with other aspects of Ren'Py(screens, labels and etc). :)