[Closed][Paid] Need Replacement Artist for BxG Romantic Comedy VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

[Closed][Paid] Need Replacement Artist for BxG Romantic Comedy VN

#1 Post by thebackup »

UPDATE 2023/09/04: Applications are now closed! I will be contacting you shortly if you’re selected. Thank you all to those who applied and shared your artistic talents!

I’m recruiting for a replacement artist for my visual novel, Dating Sim! Luna’s Lovely Summer (DSLLS)! If you’ve read this post you’ll see that my original artist has stepped down due to personal issues, and I’ll need an artist to pick up where she left off.

Overview of the project Requirements
  • Anime style, but I’ll need someone skilled enough to match the style, coloring, shading and whatnot of my previous artist as close as possible.
  • This project just needs 2 event CG sets to be done (with variations), all other artworks (sprites, the rest of the CG sets, etc.) are already completed.
  • An artist who can do ecchi is highly preferred due to the game’s heavily suggestive scenes. The last two CG sets involve romance, with one of them involving suggestive nudity. Characters are 18+, but there are no full-blown NSFW scenes.
  • CGs need to be at least 1920x1080 minimum, but it’s highly recommended to work at a higher resolution than that to allow for flexible resizing. For reference, my previous artist worked with a 3840x2160 resolution.
  • PSD format if possible, with expressions on separate layers.
  • No AI please: DSLLS (and future projects) will not use machine-generated content of any kind.
Budgeting and deadlines
  • Budgeting (EDITED): Since this project is late in development please hit me up with your rates, my budget is (almost) anything goes. Also, this is a commercial project, let me know if you charge a bit more for that.
  • Deadlines: Hoping to release this project by the end of this year / beginning of next year. Progress every two weeks preferred, but I’m flexible with the deadlines should the unforeseen happen.
Recruitment process

IMPORTANT: If you haven’t already, please look at the links in the project overview section above to get an idea of the project, art style and characters before applying. I will send additional references should I decide to select you.

Send me an email here with samples of your work. Note: Don’t send samples as attachments, but rather link(s) to your portfolio of some kind, like your DeviantArt, Pixiv, website, or similar. Speaking of which, if hired, I’d appreciate if progress and completed works are sent via link as well (dropbox, google drive, etc…), not email attachment. I do use discord but I’ll only give that out to those I selected and upon request (as well as mutual friends).

I will be keeping this open for at least a week, or until I find someone. As always, let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks!