How to scroll text up once it reaches the end of the text box?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
starcola

How to scroll text up once it reaches the end of the text box?

#1 Post by starcola »

Hello! What it says on the tin - I have a character who likes to get a little long-winded in their explanations, so I'm hoping there's a way to "bump" top lines of text out of sight as the text reaches the end of the text box. Something like what they do in Fate: Grand Order, for example:

Right now, my code looks something like this:

Code: Select all

#z "{i}There are many factors at play to cause a mortal to become a goddess. {p}
    But for simplicity's sake, it may be best that you consider it like winning several lotteries consecutively.{p} 
    Your talent, your ability to continually work towards your goal, your initial and continued fame... think of them all as winning lottery tickets, and each one entered you into a grander and grander lottery. {p}
    And now, you have won the grandest of them all.{/i}"
...But with that, the text is running into the menu buttons and beyond. Is there any way to make the text auto scroll up when it hits one of those paragraph points at least?

TYIA!