[Closed][Paid][NSFW] Looking for long term Ren'py programmer.

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
princessbridget1999

[Closed][Paid][NSFW] Looking for long term Ren'py programmer.

#1 Post by princessbridget1999 »

Hi! My name is Bridget, lead creator, director and writer for the eroge/adult visual novel called "Messy Academy". We're about 4 years into development, with about 2 years remaining based on our roadmap of content left. Our typical goal is to release new content roughly every 30-45 days for both our Patreon supporters who fund our team's development and free content for our public fans. (Our previous engine programmer is stepping down, but we've worked together since the very beginning and are still on good terms. They simply have their own project and other things to focus on.)

Brace yourself for a lengthy post, but I'll cut it into sections! First, a bit more about the project and our team.

[Welcome to our team!]

Our team is called "Messy Studios" - A small knit team of roughly five of us actively working on development, each with different skills. Since we heavily rely on our monthly funding from Patreon to pay everyone on the team, we do have a timeline schedule to follow and get our expected needs done for new content in a timely fashion. I give everyone more than enough time to know what we need done, how things are coming along and overall, make it feel like no one is pressed on time to get what they're expected to have done, finished in time. ^^

Messy Studios is actively working on "Messy Academy" or MA for short, currently 4 years in development with much of the resources wrapping up as we mainly focus on writing, editing, engine needs and cg art for the next 2 years to finish the project. We're very laid back people from different backgrounds and easy to work with, but the main person you'd be working closely with is myself.

Many of us on the team have been working together since the beginning or over 2 years without drama or issues, very professional and easy going. I typically trust everyone on our team and try to limit checking in for updates once a week, but since you'd be new to our team. I'd want to check in for the first month a bit more often to make sure everything is going well generally.

[What is Messy Academy?]

Messy Academy is a 18+ visual novel that focuses around ab/dl themes (diapers). The game takes place at Pembroke Academy within the fictional countryside of Wales, UK. The school's an all girl's private college setting, until recently when the protag and his two buddies end up applying to transfer there and get accepted as part of a trial run to slowly turn the academy co-ed. Once the guys arrive at the school however, they quickly learn of the bizarre rules set in place. The guys would ultimately accept with mixed feelings, but along the way, they'll begin to question why this place exists, what it's purpose is and how it hasn't been shut down yet as the mystery unfolds.

Genre: Adult, Slice of life, School life, Romcom (romance/comedy), Drama and Mystery.

Overall, the game's first impression might sound like it's purely adult and nothing but diaper stuff being mentioned every other line. I'd like to stress that MA has a big focus on general story, character and world building. It should feel a lot like a normal slice of life anime series with everything paced out well. I've had people give the game a shot without being into the ab/dl themes and they were caught off guard by how well written the game holds up, actually sticking around for the story, characters and world rather than the ab/dl themes or adult content.

Do remember, this is a 18+ project though and there are adult scenes or moments to add into the engine and program around them comfortably.

[Expectations we expect upon hiring you]

1 - {Must be knowledgeable with Ren'py coding in general, ideally someone with years of experience and is professional. Our content needs include general coding, cg animation coding, sprite animate effects (Not live2d, but lite bouncing, shaking, movement and eye blinking.), screen/sprite transition effects, gui programming. We expect that when adding sprites into the engine or general coding, you do testing on your end before sending me test builds. I understand simple mistakes here and there, it happens to all of us. What I don't expect is receiving a test build that makes me question if you just rushed through your coding from scene to scene, without even bothering to load the scenes up and check if it looks right visually in general.}

2 - {Must be able to provide Windows/Linux, Mac and Mobile builds (Android for now) of the game. Ideally we have been coding in Ren'py on Windows os primarily and that's our main focus is with Windows support while in the on-going development. You would be expected to provide hotfixes for a release build, if there's urgent game breaking bugs. For minor bugs or visuals that slipped through, we can take note of them and fix those as part of our next big release build.}

3 - {Must be self motivated. After our initial first build release together, I won't bother you as much, keeping it to typically a weekly check-in to see how things are progressing.}

4 - {Must have Discord. Our team operates on Discord to keep in touch and communicate, purely through text. So, no worries if you aren't big on using voice. I understand everyone is busy outside of project work with day jobs, school or free time, etc. I do expect general communication and responses, being able to work with me. I'll respect your time and won't pester you often, but please be mindful that you play a important role in our development and I, as the creator, need to have a general idea on how things are coming along or issues ahead of time.}

5 - {Must be on-board for the long term. (Ideally someone not busy with too many projects that they can't provide quality or work at all.) Things come up and people change their minds, but ideally we'd want someone who is okay with working on this project in general. Someone who understands that we still have about 2 years of on-going development remaining for the base game, with the opportunity to continue further with dlc content if you wish. We do take December off typically each year for the holidays to be stress free and return back to project work into January.}

6 - {Typical workload. Within the period of 30-45 days we typically work on about 15,000-20,000 word count worth of new content for the game. Oftentimes, much of this is simple dialogue, monologue to put into the engine, so don't let the word count size scare you! Normally our process involves writing a new scene (typically 1500-3000 word count) > editing said scene and then we can send said scene script over to you, to be added into the engine, repeating the process until all the new content is done for that 30-45 day period.}

[Expectations you can expect from us upon being hired]

1 - {Expect someone who will provide you with written scripts that have director cues and keynotes, color coded and a simple template to help make adding the coding needs into the game easier! The written scripts are laid out to let you know what text is dialogue from a character or monologue text. It also includes cues and keynotes that list when a character sprite expression changes, outfit displayed, transitions or animate effects, etc. More or less... Expect that the directing work is all sorted out for you in a easy to read and understood method to get everything in the engine without tons of questions.}

2 - {Expect a steady project that's been on-going for 4 years with at least 2 years, if not more of work with a stable funding each month to cover your costs/rates on a monthly basis. We can provide a flat rate of between $120-150 per month and we do increase this rate if our monthly funding increases. I'd be open to other options, but typically I like to sort out everyone's payment for the month as a flat rate and if there's more than expected work to be done. For example: The expectation is 20,000 word count with 9 scenes, but I ask if you can add in 3 more scenes that are in total 8,000 more word count of content. I'll discuss with you about a bonus payment for that additional unexpected work up front.}

3 - {Expect solid, detailed communication. If you ever need to ask any questions, I'll provide you with clear and direct details or information needed. You can expect me to give detailed directions, if there's anything special to make note of with engine coding needs, etc.}

4 - {Expect assets, files and folders needed. We'll provide you with not only the new content scripts to put new content into the project, but also any new assets sent to you when needed for new content. We retain the rights to any assets being used for the project and expect that you respect our property, only to use it as we intend for it within the project and only the project.}

[Sounds great! Where do I sign?]

If you believe working as part of Messy Studios sounds like a solid fit, I'd suggest sending me a friend request through Discord and leave me a message request if possible with any much detail or any questions you might have. Please understand in the coming week or two, I'll be processing multiple conversations with others who might be interested in this position on the team to give everyone a fair shot at the position.

Discord tag: messystudios

If you'd like to get a visual idea of what the project looks like or try the game out, you can check it out on our Patreon or Itch page for free. (Take note that currently there are some ui issues, but we'd be looking to fix those. We're replacing old gui with finalized gui assets and testing those.)

https://www.patreon.com/MessyAcademy
https://messy-studios.itch.io/messy-academy
Last edited by princessbridget1999 on Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

princessbridget1999

Re: [Open][Paid][NSFW] Looking for long term Ren'py programmer.

#2 Post by princessbridget1999 »

Bump! Our position is open once again! Direct messages through the forums work too! ^^

Nightpxel

Re: [Open][Paid][NSFW] Looking for long term Ren'py programmer.

#3 Post by Nightpxel »

Sent you a direct message :)!