[Wish] Borderless Window Mode

In this forum we discuss the future of Ren'Py, both bug fixes and longer-term development. Pre-releases are announced and discussed here.
AbdulGoodLooks
Github: AbdulGoodLooks
itch: AbdulGoodLooks

[Wish] Borderless Window Mode

#1 Post by AbdulGoodLooks »

A bit of a low-priority feature, but it would be nice to have Windowed mode without borders as an option alongside Fullscreen and Windowed mode

ISAWHIM
Veteran

Re: [Wish] Borderless Window Mode

#2 Post by ISAWHIM »

Don't quote me on any of the following... It has been a while since I programmed with DirectX. The last version I could even get to work, with VB6, was DX-10. But that was back when windows-10 first came out.

I would second this option, as it is more multi-screen friendly, and allows the user to ALT-TAB with better ability and control. I believe it is also faster than exclusive dedicated full-screen, which, I believe is now 100% emulated in win-10 and higher.

For various windows-control purposes, I think this is standard for DX-10 and higher. I think DX-9 was the last version that truly even allowed a real "dedicated full-screen" mode. I think DX-10/11 used an emulated "exclusive mode", which was really "windowed borderless", but in a virtual-space or some old WDM garbage. Now, with DX being PART of windows, 100%, WDM really controls every DX aspect. (Unless you are explicitly ONLY using DX-9, which still has that mode, which may still be emulated on win-10+, but actually real on anything lower than windows-10. Due to compatibility with all the older games.)