Can i make something like this in ren'py?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Elratonaso88

Can i make something like this in ren'py?

#1 Post by Elratonaso88 »

Hi, im new at this, i have almost no experience with programming and i wanna make a game in ren'py, im trying to make choices ui or style (i dont know how to call it) like this:
sexo en avion.png
Im trying to make an choices screen like this one, with a option on the left and another one in the right, with images in the background of each option.

I want to know if this is possible to make in ren'py, i would like an explanation of how to make this but only if its possible.

Thanks.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Can i make something like this in ren'py?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

This is more than possible.
One simple way would be to make a screen, add imagebuttons or image maps to it, then show the screen when you want the choices to be presented.

When clicked, the buttons should ideally Hide the screen then jump to wherever you want to take the player
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

m_from_space
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Can i make something like this in ren'py?

#3 Post by m_from_space »

If you want to have this kind of choice menu using the "menu" keyword within Renpy, you have to edit the "choice" screen inside <screens.rpy>.