[CLOSED] Hiring a long-term developer AND a co-writer for an historical sci-fi visual novel

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
joruri
Projects: PRN
Organization: Chocho Studios
Discord: joruri

[CLOSED] Hiring a long-term developer AND a co-writer for an historical sci-fi visual novel

#1 Post by joruri »

Hey there! We're Chocho Studios, an Italian indie team working on a brand-new visual novel that is trying to answer the question "What if the Roman Empire never fell?" in a sci-fi way. Our team already has a director producer and a creative writer, but we're still looking for:

- an experienced visual novel developer who has a background in designing and coding visual novel games and is able to implement engaging game mechanics that will fit the story and concepts;

- one more writer who has experience in writing narrative-driven games. Our current writer is more specialized in writing game dialogues/creating characters and backstories, so we'd like to hire someone who could help with crafting the story effectively. They will be assisting with the creation of story arcs, events, game routes and endings. They could also help with worldbuilding if so desired.

Both positions will be long-term and of course paid, since the game will be commercial.

Pay:
- Starting from 10-13 USD/Hour (negotiable) (MAX 20 hours/week) + bonus payment if a milestone is reached (up to 100 USD depending on the specific milestone).
- Weekly payment with PayPal or bank transfer.

Requirements:
- Comfortable with English.
- Experience with visual novel development and/or game writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team in a respectful and friendly way.

How to Apply:
If you're interested in joining our team, we're looking forward to receive your application! All you have to do is fill in our form in the link below with your contacts, timezone and portfolio. Thanks for your interest!

https://forms.gle/QxfqY7XwUeoWfMYH9
Last edited by joruri on Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriel Foxx
Completed: Htopia, Hermaphrodity and the Missing Specimen
Projects: Spies and Girls, Unannounced Visual Novel

Re: [OPEN] [PAID] Hiring a long-term developer AND a co-writer for an historical sci-fi visual novel

#2 Post by Gabriel Foxx »

Just submitted my application. Finger crossed.

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

Re: [OPEN] [PAID] Hiring a long-term developer AND a co-writer for an historical sci-fi visual novel

#3 Post by naqlada »

:D Fingers, fellow writer. FinGERS. :mrgreen:

Gabriel Foxx
Completed: Htopia, Hermaphrodity and the Missing Specimen
Projects: Spies and Girls, Unannounced Visual Novel

#4 Post by Gabriel Foxx »

It's okay. 4 am writing can do that to us. FinGERS.

naqlada
Regular
Projects: Plenty awesome ones. Search my posts or just ask, won't bite...

#5 Post by naqlada »

Gabriel Foxx wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:09 pm 4 am writing can do that to us.
Well done. :wink:

WilliamJessie

#6 Post by WilliamJessie »

I've applied for the writer role. Thrilled about the prospect of contributing to your unique project. My writing skills and passion for narrative-driven games make me a great fit.
Last edited by WilliamJessie on Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

SofyTrancy

#7 Post by SofyTrancy »

I have submitted my application. Thank you for this opportunity.