[SOLVED]Making game title an image

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Alaspooralice

[SOLVED]Making game title an image

#1 Post by Alaspooralice »

I want to make the title of the game an image that I can can place on top of the main menu background rather than baking the title into the menu background. I'm just not sure how to add an image over the background in the menu. Any help would be much appreciated!
Last edited by Alaspooralice on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuseblower
Regular
Projects: Mall Macabre, Slushball Slasher, Doomed Diner, Tenkeiteki Tokyo
itch: fuseblower

Re: Making game title an image

#2 Post by Fuseblower »

Hi, in the file "screens.rpy" you can look for the screen "main_menu" and do something like this :

screen main_menu():
tag menu

add "MainMenuBG.jpg"

add "Title.png":
xpos 100
ypos 50

Edit : somehow my post doesn't like tabs or spaces in front of lines. Of course proper indentation should be used.

m_from_space
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by m_from_space »

Fuseblower wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:34 pm Edit : somehow my post doesn't like tabs or spaces in front of lines. Of course proper indentation should be used.
You have to put code inside [ code ] ... [ /code ] tags.

Alaspooralice

#4 Post by Alaspooralice »

Fuseblower wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:34 pm Hi, in the file "screens.rpy" you can look for the screen "main_menu" and do something like this :

screen main_menu():
tag menu

add "MainMenuBG.jpg"

add "Title.png":
xpos 100
ypos 50

Edit : somehow my post doesn't like tabs or spaces in front of lines. Of course proper indentation should be used.
Thank you! I was probably overthinking things and didn't think to try that;;