A man married to a pillow

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: A man married to a pillow

#31 Post by Der Tor »

The biggest German Newspaper (Bild Zeitung) reported about this... and they even put a video of the guy (and his "wife") on their website:
http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/2010/03/10 ... japan.html

PS: MY posting date may be April the first - but the posting date from the newspaper article ISN'T

Aurelia-Aurora
Regular
Projects: Learning Japanese VN

#32 Post by Aurelia-Aurora »

In all seriousness, this is creepy, right, wrong, weird, and scary all at the same time. I'm not going to judge his tastes, but... a pillow? Seriously?

Ahh, whatever, I've already married imaginary characters in pictures.
Currently Working On One (1) Game
Story: 100%
Sprites: 25%
Script: 17%
Programming: 0%
Characters: 95%
Event CGs: 0%
Backgrounds: 0%

Deviot
Regular
Projects: Testing out completed Visual Novels?

#33 Post by Deviot »

I can bet what his pillow smells like
How many of you can go to sleep knowing you'll surely wake up tomorrow, take life for granted and picture yourself in the future? I....can't -Kirimiya Mizuki-

Those who are strong leaves a trail of blood and tears in their wake, sometimes their own, walking over bodies of friends and foes

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#34 Post by LVUER »

If he wash his pillow regularly and use lots of perfume (or other kind of freshener), I think there will be no problem...

Now that I think again, which is the one he married: the pillow itself or the outer layer which contains the picture (what do you call it in English?)...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Ramidel
Regular

#35 Post by Ramidel »

Pillowcase.

NeumanProductions
Regular
Completed: Penpals
Projects: Raven Falls; Zero no Tsukaima: A Familiar's Dilemma (Lost in Production))
Organization: Justice Brothers

#36 Post by NeumanProductions »

If he only married the pillow for the case:
I guess the new saying is that 'beauty is only case deep'.

That reminds me......I wonder if it is one of those reverse cases? You know, for when you have those rough fights you can cheat without the consequences and just by turning it inside-out.
"Sometimes...when there's no one around...I only step on the darker ones..." ~Hanako (Katawa Shoujo by 4Leaf Studios)
You know, I sometimes still do that. :)
This Act 1 portion is what hooked me on VNs, so I like to promote them.
Anything I write I post here Deviant Art

nagirinara
Regular
Projects: World Academy, Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn

#37 Post by nagirinara »

NeumanProductions wrote:That reminds me......I wonder if it is one of those reverse cases? You know, for when you have those rough fights you can cheat without the consequences and just by turning it inside-out.
That would be hilarious, actually. =^.^=

So the list so far *because I'm lazy* is people have married *excluding other people*:

-pillows
-the Eiffel Tower
-the Berlin Wall

Anything else?

In my opinion, I don't really care what people do with their lives... It just gives me something else to laugh at. :lol:
It's Nagi Rinara: Nagi-san or Rinara-chan, not Nagirinara-san. <--- Seriously, don't do it.

Currently making:
World Academy - Version Gilbo
Currently helping:
Galaxy Angel: A New Dawn
Finished:
None =T.T=

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#38 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

ah, a stern word of warning, if someone unknown wrote here with scathing & offensive remarks about myself, please delete its post and mercilessly ban it, is a certain lowlife whose cyberstalk myself and have a rather bizarre opinion on my sexuality and pillows......

TIA and
Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

Ren

#39 Post by Ren »

dott.Piergiorgio wrote:a certain lowlife who cyber-stalks me and has a rather bizarre opinion on my sexuality and pillows...
I hope you're joking!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#40 Post by rioka »

There's also the guy who married a Love Plus character.
LVUER wrote:BTW, isn't he afraid that the creator of that character could sue the man for marrying his/her character? If I'm the creator, perhaps I will.
I doubt the creator can sue. What damages are there exactly for him to sue over?

LVUER
King of Lolies

#41 Post by LVUER »

Damaging the image of his/her character?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#42 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

Ren wrote:I hope you're joking!
Unfortunately I wasn't joking, but it always attempt to denigrate & vilify myself & my culture, so is better for it that I don't bother to hunt it in RL..... (it has already done damages to my social image & life, and I'm really PO because of it)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#43 Post by rioka »

LVUER wrote:Damaging the image of his/her character?
It's a bit hard to claim defamation when the character in question is fictional. From what I hear, it's already hard to win defamation suits in the first place. To have a suit for a fictional character...? Your case will get dismissed before it even reaches the court.

'Sides, there's so many fans who make fan-fiction, doujinshi, and all kinds of alternative stories and events for series that it's a bit hard to go after someone just because they "married" a pillow. :|

LVUER
King of Lolies

#44 Post by LVUER »

Hehehe, I know that ^_^ I was half joking when I said that (about suing the man)

DeviantArt Account

DemonLemur175
Projects: None, atm. All previous projects scrapped.

#45 Post by DemonLemur175 »

Keh heh, foolish man. Doesn't he know someone else could just come along and buy a wife just like his and- Well, you can fill in that blank. :twisted:

Cereal, though, you have to have some kind of weird want to wanna marry a pillow(case). It's people that marry inanimate objects that make me sad, though, since I feel sorry for the person out there they could've married instead. ;.; Then again, they might've married their 'spouse' for the very reason not very many people would want to end up with a perv. x3

Also, (I have a pretend 'belief' that some objects are possessed) it makes you wonder what kind of soul would be stuck in a pillow? What if he's actually married to a family member in the pillow?! XDD
♪~NOTE: All my past projects have been dumped. They might be restarted in the future, but for now they all is dead. Reason? Personal issues/Busy-ness~♪