Slight pause between video loops after changing Ren'Py version?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
FlashFrontal

Slight pause between video loops after changing Ren'Py version?

#1 Post by FlashFrontal »

I recently upgraded from 7.5.3 to 7.6.3, and whilst the game still works, I've noticed that all looping videos now have a very brief pause between each loop, which results in really choppy playback. The videos are all in webm format, vp9, and vary between about 300kb and 3mb.

Is there some setting that was introduced between the versions that could be contributing to this? The pause does not happen if I loop the videos outside of Ren'Py, so seems to be renpy specific. This was just an effort to get Ren'Py to not use an absurd amount of CPU just to play a video, so it's not the end of the world if I have to just downgrade again.