[REVSHARE] [CLOSED] Looking for an artist

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Ledhabel

[REVSHARE] [CLOSED] Looking for an artist

#1 Post by Ledhabel »

I'm making a short visual novel. The only thing I can offer is revshare at 50/50 (if we make anything lol), and that I'll pay the $100 steam requires to publish a game, so I understand if you're not interested, since I agree that you'd have to be out of your mind to work for free and the promise of future revenue. If that's the case, you can stop reading right here, and I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

If you're still unsure, then I'll go on; I have a finished short story ready, and I have a solid vision for how the chapters pan out, endings and all. I'll also make its soundtrack (a track is already done), although we'd probably need to find someone to program it for us (or probably do it ourselves, since programming a visual novel is much simpler than other types of games).

I'm looking for an artist whose style leans heavily into expressionism, symbolism and surrealism. Also, if you've ever seriously struggled with mental health issues, that would be a plus (weird thing to say, I know) since it would help you understand the essence of this project, I think. Also, very important; I'm looking for someone serious and devoted, with a bit of work ethic - this is a serious project that we will be releasing after it's finished. I've worked with a few talented but lax people in the past, and talent doesn't mean anything if you don't produce anything with it.

I'm also looking to make this story into a webtoon/webcomic in the future, so if that interests you, we could work on that as well in the future, with you doing the art.

The story is a drama, and has a bit of a supernatural aspect to it (I am aware of how original of an idea this is). It is very adult, with no sex themes or so, but with strong language, intense themes such as self-harm and death, and depression (yes, very, very original).

If you're interested let me know so I can tell you more about the story, so you can decide if you're in, since I want the story, the music, and the art to lean heavily onto each other.

Examples of my music would be this cover I made of "Cicio" from the visual novel "The House in Fata Morgana" https://youtu.be/vOlX9AGBHXg, and this short original song I wrote a while back https://youtu.be/2mFMugxfOzc.”
Last edited by Ledhabel on Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clima_

Re: [REVSHARE] [OPEN] Looking for an artist

#2 Post by clima_ »

How skilled do you need the artist to be? I'd like to help but I wouldn't want to hold you back because I'm still learning. Would still like to help you with the basics!!

Ledhabel

Re: [REVSHARE] [OPEN] Looking for an artist

#3 Post by Ledhabel »

Hey! You were just a day late, but I wouldn't have minded you being a beginner if your style was similar to what I was looking for. Either way, like I said, I already found someone - I'm sorry, I should've edited the post's title, and I'll do so now. In any case, thanks :)

clima_

Re: [REVSHARE] [CLOSED] Looking for an artist

#4 Post by clima_ »

Ah no worries! It unfortunately took me a day to get the forum password lol, bad luck I guess. Good luck with your project though!! It sounds promising.