vpunch annoying white borders

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
frankm200

vpunch annoying white borders

#1 Post by frankm200 »

hi, I have a vn with a dark theme, but when I use vpunch on a full screen image it creates these annoying white borders when the image shakes...
zoom in doesn't work the image seems to be cropped at the screen borders, screen black doesn't work either...
any way to either have the image auto expand to fill the screen or have a black background color?

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: vpunch annoying white borders

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

The documentation suggests ATL might be a viable option for imitating vpunch and changing it to your liking
Are you familiar with ATL at all?
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

frankm200

#3 Post by frankm200 »

yes, worked with ATL a bit, but it's not just a vpunch problem this happens with any full screen image that crosses the outer screen borders, I get white borders
seems as soon as it crosses an outer border the image gets cropped
I'm also trying a camera shake effect, getting the same issue

Another_Tom
Regular
Completed: Harold And The Witches
Projects: Steven On The Run
itch: dantom

#4 Post by Another_Tom »

I also noticed these white stripes and the only thing that works is an ATL transform that uses xzoom +x_pixel. this zooms the image over the edge and then back to the original position.
In your case you should use yzoom +[y_pixel] which expands the image vertically.