limit nvl window to top half of the screen?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
cmoon2057

limit nvl window to top half of the screen?

#1 Post by cmoon2057 »

Hey everyone, so I'm making a text and choice based game in nvl mode. The nvl text is at the top of the screen, and occasionally a choice menu will pop up on the bottom half. I've limited the onscreen nvl entries to 7, but entries that are more than one line are still treated as one entry, so the text sometimes goes past the halfway point and the choices end up covering up the text. Is there a way to change the nvl window size so that text is always kept to the top half of the screen? thanks
nvl.png
(38.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet

gas
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: limit nvl window to top half of the screen?

#2 Post by gas »

The NVL format follow industry standards, so it's up to the coder to fit whatever text in the window.
You can reduce the size of the NVL window, but your extra text will be lost anyway just beyond it.
So, the easier solution: write less text (or reduce it in size by a tag for that sentence).
If you want to debate on a reply I gave to your posts, please QUOTE ME or i'll not be notified about. << now red so probably you'll see it.

10 ? "RENPY"
20 GOTO 10

RUN